Author Topic: New Osage ,still in the works.  (Read 13033 times)

Offline Mechslasher

Re: New Osage ,still in the works.
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 03:20:43 pm »
one of my designs!  since eddie beat me out of the one he has, i'm going to work on one this summer.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 08:25:04 pm »
  Anybody want to buy as car? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline brownhillboy

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 01:41:22 pm »
Nice looking bow Pappy.  I'm waiting on a stave of osage that I won on ebay now.  Hope I can do as well as you with it.  When you have to buy osage it's to expensive to mess up!  I'm also hoping to bring the family to your event this May.  I could have supplied you with a copperhead skin from one I killed this summer, but after unknowingly sitting within 2 feet of it for over 15 min. while I cut turkery feathers off of 2 wings that I took out of the freezer,  I couldn't bring myself to fool with it!  I still didn't see it until my wife started screaming!  Luckily the kids had left a ball bat laying in the yard, so I was able to bash his head in.  Anyway, nice bow.
south central VA

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 05:28:12 am »
Thanks I got it out to 55@25 Sat.after a good rest.I had put it back on the form
and heat treated the belly and flipped the tips.I have it pretty close now with another inch and a few pounds left to give.See what yall think.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2008, 10:54:38 am »
Looks like a flat spot right underneath the wall outlet above the right limb.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 11:08:09 am »
Thanks Eric,I was thinking that also.The right doesn't seem to be bending quit as much and
that should solve that.Sometimes it is hard for me to See on the board when they get this far along,I seem to see it better when it is held in the hand and drawn that way. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PeteC

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 11:33:26 am »
Looks like it's coming along good.I like the bone overlays.Can't wait to see it finished.  God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 11:38:46 pm »
Looks like you got her real close Pappy. I'll have you another copperhead skin next weekend if you still want it.  I think they would look awesome on that bow.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 05:43:14 am »
Thanks,I thought it was close.Yes Shannon if you can bring one I will see if it matches.GregB brought me one also but it don't match mine real well,it will probably work but I would love to see yours and see if they match better.I plan on finishing it next week while I am off and maybe kill something with it. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2008, 04:11:20 pm »
That's lookin good Pappy! Hope ya get something with it.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2008, 07:12:54 am »
Got it a lot closer to being finished,shot it some over the last week and reworked the tips,also put on the copperhead skins.Hope to get it all finished up in the next week or so.Shoots great I think this is going to make a good bow,55@26 right now. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

GraemeK

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2008, 09:06:30 am »
Hi Pappy

Fine looking bow -- I really love those recurves -- I will have to give it a try sooner or later, just never seem to get around to it.

Graeme

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2008, 05:47:52 am »
It's really not much trouble,I always do it when I get them almost finished tillering and it
don't change the tiller much if any and will add a few pounds for some final adjustments.
I don't really recurve them in the normal sense I just flip the last 6 inches or so of the tips. :)
This was my first Copperhead and they didn't match prefect,copperhead are hard to get a prefect match but after the finish if you didn't no it you probably wouldn't notice.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2008, 08:21:57 am »
One of the snakes was a little larger then the other which makes the pattern a little bigger, but the color match is really good and I think they look great! The bone tips look really good also and are nice and narrow. ;) Ought to have time to get a little hunting in with it before the end of the season. :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2008, 10:28:16 am »
Cameras are too "unforgiving".  In person, the color difference between those two skins is hardly noticable.
  I think the skins and especially the bow look SUPER GOOD!  Narrowing those tips down some made her look sharp too. ;D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.