Author Topic: Corn Snake  (Read 8825 times)

Offline Postman

Re: Corn Snake
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 09:45:24 am »
I've seen gaboons in private collections - most states don't even require a permit to keep "hot' snakes  ??? i think i remember a posts here about cobra skins on a bow, and have seen african ball pythons used - they're pretty common as "giveaway' snakes when people get bored with them.
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 10:30:19 am »
The gaboon backed bow in question is real, no funnin'.  The skin was collected from a deceased resident of Reptile Gardens, bless his legless li'l soul.  O:)
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 09:18:22 pm »
I have done Cobra and Ball Python....and posted them here and P.P.....but all of My Skins came from Indonesaia from Snake Farms...not wild kills.....they are mainly Meat Farms...and they sell Skeletons and Skins....nothing is wasted from the Sankes
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Ranger B

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 09:29:13 pm »
can you give me a link to buy some skins from?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 12:13:40 am »

Ditto to what mullet said.  They used to be quite common down here.  When I was younger, I would climb coconut trees to get some coconuts, and usually found one or two up there, plus some scorpions.   I believe that they are also constrictors.  Make neat pets.  Very pretty.  Of course I was always bitten by the time I got it home, so I just let it go.  I am like Mullet, I would not want to kill one, but if I found one dead, I would shuck it's hide.  I have a Cobra hide here somewhere.  I got it off of a belt, I got from a store with some Indian guys running it, and they had some Indian stuff there, and the belts were part of the stuff.  Very cheap belt, no leather, just folded cardboard, wrapped with snake skin, and a buckle.  Didn't pay much for anyway.

Wayne

Offline ricochet

• HOWDY FROM TEXAS
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 07:12:45 pm »
hey guys there is a pet store down the road from me here in magnolia texas that has gaboon vipers,horned vipers, cobras, and all the poisionous snakes found in the lower 48. spooky, eh.
God fearing and lovin backwoodsman

Offline stickbender

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2008, 10:50:33 pm »

Riccochet, you want scary?  Go to miami, they have cobras and other nasty little legless wonders running around.  Idiots, buy them, then can't take care of them, and let them loose,in the woods, or they get loose.  I saw a ball python, on the side of the turnpike, when I was working for the FD. I was on my way to work.  I thought it was a big rattler, and I pulled over, and backed up, and saw it was a python.  Kinda mangled.  About six or seven feet.  We have lizards, nutria, parrots, parrakeets, love birds, monkeys, etc.  Pretty much whatever you can get at a pet shop we have running around down here.  Lots of %$#@!! coyotes too.  Oh, did I mention illegal ailens? ;D ;D
                                                                      Wayne

Offline PeteC

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2008, 04:03:52 pm »
We have corn snakes around here,but they're great snakes,that helps keep gophers,rats, and mice in check.Merry christmas, God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas