Author Topic: lil knappin w/ pics  (Read 3708 times)

Offline carpenter374

lil knappin w/ pics
« on: September 06, 2008, 06:58:29 pm »
Hey all. here's a few pics of what i've been workin on lately. I got some obsidian in yesterday. got a point finished from it. one is beer bottle glass and the other is the alabama flint point i made from a broken spear point my friend found. BTw thanks to all who helped me with my percussion flaking problems. i'm thinnin em perfectly now (well.......almost...) this first one is the alabama flint. the second is my huntin arrows.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Those who would sacrifice their freedom for safety will find that they will inherit neither." -Ben Franklin     

--Carpenter

Offline carpenter374

Re: lil knappin w/ pics
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 07:00:33 pm »
here's the obsidian and beer bottle points. and one side shot of the obsidian.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Those who would sacrifice their freedom for safety will find that they will inherit neither." -Ben Franklin     

--Carpenter

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 09:17:09 pm »
Those look like some great meat getters you have there.  I am still working on my thinning, but they are getting there.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 09:27:06 pm »
Lookin good carpenter! Them will take home the bacon no doubt ;D. Hope ya didn't get all them caluses knapping. If not looks like you have carpenter hands - preconditioned for the knappin trade ;).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline carpenter374

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 11:31:40 pm »
yep. we work hard in my neck of the woods. those are carpenter/concrete man hands.

--Carpenter

Offline TRACY

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 09:30:14 am »
Those look good. I like the flint, reminds me of hornstone. Is that a Rolling Rock head in the green?

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline carpenter374

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 06:08:40 pm »
dos equis lager.

--Carpenter