Author Topic: 2nd Annual Christmas Trade...ship Jan 5  (Read 232986 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: 2nd Annual Christmas Trade
« Reply #285 on: November 18, 2008, 07:30:08 am »
Well I have been beating My Self to a Pulp trying to figure out what to make for a Man that can make everything He needs Himself....and probably better than I can make also..........cant make Him a Bow....he already has enough of them ...and all are nicer than I am capable of......so I guess I am going to have to dig deep down....and come up with something ....and Hope that it is something He doesn't have 3 or 4 of already!!!     ::) ;)

How about homemade pasties and Trenary Toast Mike ;D ;D ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #286 on: November 18, 2008, 08:09:27 am »
    Well da Pasties are a good Homemade Choice...but I'd hafta swap da Trenary Toast fer Da Cudaghi doh......Eh !!!!

Let em finger dat one out!!!!!!!

>:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #287 on: November 18, 2008, 08:37:07 am »
Can't find any good Cudaghi here in Manistique >:(
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline John K

« Reply #288 on: November 18, 2008, 11:29:04 am »
Nice article Dana ! It brought a smile to my face  ;D
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline agd68

« Reply #289 on: November 18, 2008, 01:01:33 pm »
 The more I cruise this site a see what you guys make the more I ask myself "what did you do" Hope my gift getter wont be dissappointed.
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh

Offline John K

« Reply #290 on: November 18, 2008, 01:07:08 pm »
agd68, I don't think you have anything to worry about. The reason for the trade is to GIVE not recieve.  ;)
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline DanaM

« Reply #291 on: November 18, 2008, 01:15:30 pm »
Don't sweat it agd, as John said "Tis better to give than recieve" eh :)

Manistique, MI

Offline Keenan

« Reply #292 on: November 18, 2008, 10:52:19 pm »
What Dana and John said, the joy comes through the journey of crafting with your hands from your heart towards the receiver.

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #293 on: November 18, 2008, 10:59:41 pm »
DTiller, are you a boat builder? I built a wood frame canvas kayak, took me 2 years.
Dana, are you serious, no good cudighi there, theres some decent stuff here, I also make my own fresh polish sausage, for the holidays, especially Easter.
I think my person will like the gifts I'm going to send.
speaking of snow Dana, we haven't had any here in Menominee. Maybe we'll stay in the band of weather that is clear.
VB

Offline robbsbass

« Reply #294 on: November 18, 2008, 11:22:42 pm »
Not all of us are skilled craftsmen or craftswomen, the idea is to do your best ,and to give from your heart, anyone receiving their gift will know this, and I am sure they will receive it with the graciousness that it was given to them. Christmas is giving not receiving.

Robb
live each day the best you can

AKAPK

« Reply #295 on: November 19, 2008, 06:21:14 pm »
Hi all, I signed back up with primitive Archer
 need more learning from the Bowyers that know what their talking about.Glad to be back.Phillip
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 09:02:45 pm by AKAPK »

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #296 on: November 19, 2008, 07:05:52 pm »
Hey PK, welcome back.   Maybe you could send your gift to one of our guys in Iraq or Afghanistan. 8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

AKAPK

« Reply #297 on: November 19, 2008, 07:20:44 pm »
Hi Pat, thats sounds good but me being a civilian , I think the shipping would take my life savings also I don't know if troops cab use Atlatls to get the bad people.

Offline The Gopher

• Aim Small, Miss Small
« Reply #298 on: November 19, 2008, 07:34:42 pm »
dang i wish i wouldn't have missed this. i just got my issue with the article from last year and it looked like a lot of fun, i'll be sure to pay attention next year.
45# at 27"

Offline cracker

« Reply #299 on: November 19, 2008, 07:57:49 pm »
Hi Pat, thats sounds good but me being a civilian , I think the shipping would take my life savings also I don't know if troops cab use Atlatls to get the bad people.
Hello I just thought I'd tell you that I sent two pounds to afghanistan for 8.75.Thanks Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?