Author Topic: KITH  (Read 137236 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: KITH
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2008, 08:22:16 pm »
  Home Depot and Truevalue have it in 3' sections. You can go to Hobby stores and get the tubing and star rod to make Mosaic pins.

No hobby stores in da UP eddie >:(
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2008, 08:51:55 pm »
  I'm still working on your care package Dana, The UP sounds like trying to find stuff in Brazil.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2008, 07:25:55 am »
It can be tough eddie, the nearest Lowes from me is 100 miles, all we have here in town is an Ace hardware :(
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2008, 06:15:14 pm »
 My favorite place.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline DanaM

« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2008, 07:27:16 pm »
Recieved one of my knives today and man its nice thanks Okie1 ;D Its picture number 5 and 6 on his post. Will try and get a picture up in the next few days.

Thaknks Okie ;D

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2008, 12:21:10 am »
Well, still have not had a chance to start work on hafting the blades. Looks like it may take me a bit. Laurel leaf blades look prety good hope you guys will like them when they are done.
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2008, 04:26:30 pm »
Glad you like it Dana. I figured it would go good with the fine bow you made. Hope you get some blood on it soon.

John
Take a kid huntin' (If not who'll drag your deer out when you get old)
<---------<<<Founding Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society>>>-----------> Vice President OSS

Offline woodsman1031

« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2008, 07:44:51 pm »
My 2 knives are done. I ordered the sheath supplies and they came in about a week ago. I will get started on the sheaths hopefully soon. I am having a lack of confidence problem on starting the sheaths :-[. Has anyone else had this problem on thier first sheath?

Tommy
Jesus Saves!

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2008, 08:39:33 pm »
Yep!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2008, 08:58:29 pm »
 Yep, me too. I sent two knives out Priority mail last week. That means usually 3 days. Hope they made it.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2008, 09:27:12 pm »
Got mine from Okie, and it's a nice'un.  8) Thanks, Okie-it'll be put to good use.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2008, 11:19:07 pm »
Glad you like it Hillbilly. The walnut handle is from Madcrow that he sent me in a trade. Hope you get some blood on it soon.

John
<---------<<<Founding Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society>>>-----------> Vice President OSS

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2008, 01:41:25 am »
I have been working 56 hour per week and have gotten severely behind.  First off, Mullet, I received the little spring knife, I guess on Monday.  I have been so busy that I did not have time to get the mail.  When I saw the box overflowing, I figured it was time to empty it.  Anyway, I love the knife and it does have characterand I like the sheath too, especially the antler retainer.  My son loved it so much, I had to help him make one.  I let him make up the pattern, cut it out and make the handles.  I had to bevel the edge because he is still nervous when he tries to use the grinder.  He also made his own sheathfor it, so if a nine year old can do it, I know you guys can.  I will post some pics in the morning of both knives plus the one I just finished for the KITH on paleo.  Second of all, OKIE1, why is it that your walnut handles look better than mine, and they are from the same wood?  Great looking knife.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 01:44:53 am by madcrow »

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2008, 09:11:25 am »
You must of sent me the good stuff. ;D

John

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2008, 03:51:32 pm »
Got the handle done for one of the obsidian blades last night. Its our of NW old growth straight grain cedar. I will me making the sheath for it out of some other wood. Would like to make it out of the same cedar but I ran out! I will see what I can find. I will also be using a resin and beeswax mixture to glue the knife into the handle so its an authentic looking NW Native design. No carving of head of animals or totems on the handle though. I suck at carving!  ;D  Man, doing all this by hand is taking a long time. But its coming out Purdy!!!  With more experience I hope to be able to make even better knifes. Any suggestions on hafting and obsidian blade into a wood handle?

David T