Author Topic: Sarah's Bow  (Read 5706 times)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Sarah's Bow
« on: July 26, 2008, 01:29:54 am »
Back during the 2007 Tn. Classic, Sarah of Primitive Archer did a whole lot of scrapping on this hickory bow. She didn't quite get it finished due to other responsibilities during the event that I think had something to do with making a living. :)

Pappy and I decided to complete the bow, especially since Sarah had done most of the hard work which included almost being finished with the tiller. Pappy and I teamed up to complete the tillering and I completed the finish work.

The bow is 65" ntn and weight is 35#@25". The tips are osage/buffalo horn and the bow has a beaver tail grip with round edge lacing (thanks to Hawk "Cha Ching" for the lacing book!). ;D
The limbs are 1-1/2" at the fades to 5/16" at the tips. The bow is pyrimid style and seems very quick for the weight. Hope yall like it! Oh yeah, Pappy and I agreed that Sarah deserve's the bow entered in BOM under her name! ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: Sarah's Bow
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 01:31:49 am »
More pic's... ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Greg

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 03:50:06 am »

nice bow the three of you made here! tiller looks good, details too!

frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 07:05:17 am »
Thats a petite little bow and looks real nice. Nice of ya to finish Pappy and Greg :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 09:58:20 am »
You fellers did a great job on the finnish.  That last picture (full draw) in the blue tank and shorts looks a whole lot uglier than I remember Sarah being.  ;) Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Keenan

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 10:45:05 am »
 Great looking bow and great story as well, You two sure have good hearts. Good job as well Sarah very nice profile and tillering.But  I have to agree with Justin about the full draw pic.  ;D

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 11:26:52 am »
Cool - sweet little bow ya made there Sarah, oh and you other guys ;D. What'd you say your drawlength was ::)?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 11:36:33 am »
  Nice little bow. You guy's did a great job on the handle wrap. I could hardly see the full draw shot. I had to put my sunglasses on with all that pale skin. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Dano

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 12:19:14 pm »
Awesome bow, nice job ya'all.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 01:27:02 pm »
I agree with everybody else, the bow looks great. Those osage handled knives look sharp too.  I think you should have let the lady in the first picture draw it back, she looks way better than you.  After all, it is  a ladies bow.  ;D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 04:29:25 pm »
Yeah, I have to agree that the bow could have been displayed far better at full draw by my wife then myself! ;D

Cowboy, we've got it tillered 35#@25". I'm not sure if that is the correct draw for Sarah or not...should be close though.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 11:15:10 am by GregB »
Greg

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 10:16:31 pm »
Thanks Greg - I'll get a response out of her eventually ;D ::). I'm gonna start the arra's now :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 10:47:55 pm »
  Greg, 25" ought to be enough, she's pretty but kind'a wimpy. ;)  Yes, I'm bored , and looking for trouble. ::) ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 10:58:09 pm »
Very nice bow. Seeing this warms my heart. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 11:26:05 am »
Thanks Greg - I'll get a response out of her eventually  . I'm gonna start the arra's now .
Greg, 25" ought to be enough, she's pretty but kind'a wimpy.   Yes, I'm bored , and looking for trouble. 

Sometimes a little brew time is required before the storm finally erupts...I sense the clouds will be forming as soon as the conditions are right! ;D
Greg