Author Topic: Boo ID  (Read 5231 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Boo ID
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 02:30:36 pm »
Paul, I have used a small diameter rebar to punch a hole through the webbing at the nodes inside the culms. As Shiakri said this will help it dry without splitting.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 03:05:31 pm »
I'd at least just pop em in half. Nice haul.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 03:48:50 pm »
Couldn't sleep Pappy - must be gettin old ;D. Those didgeridoo's make some cool sounds, doubt I'll get too far on that though. That's what I was thinking Pat, a peice of rebar - I got plenty of that. And may pop a couple in half and maybe even rip a couple just to see.
 Not a bad idea Greg, a quiver - would be quick to make, tough, and light when it dries. Think I'll use the rest to decorate a tiki lounge in the back yard 8).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Rich Saffold

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 05:50:13 pm »
Cowboy,
Good score, you can flood the market now ;D I'd test split some, quarter some at first..Every place is different from what I have found..Usually I split mine after letting it set for a bit, but its probably drier here. You can probably cut it all up like Eddie does, but thats what I would experiment with a little first to make sure it stays straight..

Don't worry about the species "name". If it makes good bows you can call it nectar if you wish..because I know what you will call it if its lousy stuff(especially after all that work!)..

Rich

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 07:07:00 pm »
Thanks Rich! That's what I kinda had in mind was to experiment with several of them to see what I could get away with - Hope it turns out to be nectar ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline RG

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 07:34:30 pm »
Cowboy you need to take a look at that video Burnt Hill Archer sent and start practicing we will
want to have a demo next year at the Classic

Ron