Author Topic: Primitive Archer mag folding  (Read 1616 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Primitive Archer mag folding
« on: August 19, 2024, 10:07:31 pm »
I just got the email that the Primitive Archer mag is no more, I wonder if the PA forum will stay up.

I subscribed to the mag and found it was disappointing, not much of interest to me.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Primitive Archer mag folding
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2024, 08:43:15 am »
I got one also Eric, not sure on the forum, but assume it will go away also, guess time will tell, until it dose I will enjoy.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline White Falcon

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2024, 11:26:35 am »
They had to many adds for me.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2024, 01:16:30 pm »
Sad news.
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline gifford

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2024, 01:43:34 pm »
I enjoyed the magazine, print version, since it first came out. Wasn't able to get the on-line version to work the way I wanted it to so I discontinued it.

Now the Primitive Archer forum, that's another thing entirely, I check it daily and thoroughly enjoy it; especially your musings, writings, and photos Pappy with the Life Is Good thread. I've learned a great deal from the various posters and do hope it stays around, if not, well, I feel there will be a shift to another forum.

Such is the way things are these days. Gifford

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2024, 03:07:34 pm »
This is sad news. I guess the sign has been easy to follow. Like a wounded animal.

Im like Clifford. I was a subscriber and contributor to the magazine. I came to this site daily though and I will truly miss it if it passes.

I just want to say thanks to everyone I’ve met on this site. Honestly I feel like some of you probably know me better than my family. I have had the pleasure of meeting several of you in person and I always enjoyed it.

It’s been a great place to gain knowledge, but it’s also been a great place to gain friends. Still a bunch of you out there I want to meet in person but I treasure the time we have shared here.

I know I see sign here too. I hope this animal recovers.

Just encase It’s been nice to meet you all

Bjrogg
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 09:32:17 pm by bjrogg »
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2024, 10:15:38 pm »
The magazine was it's own demise.  I heard from multiple authors that they weren't getting paid on time or sometimes not at all for their articles that were published.  They got fed up and stopped writing for them.  It's hard to sell a magazine when you've burned all the people that were filling the pages. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline chamookman

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2024, 04:57:36 am »
Wow - Hope We don't lose this site! Been My first stop every Morning for MANY Years. Let's keep Our Fingers crossed.  (=) Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2024, 08:27:56 am »
Ya I thought when the decide to stop hard copies that it wouldn't last long, to many older people like me that want paper in their hand, don't know how many they were selling but guess it was just a business decision and can't blame them for that. As for me I wrote and dealt with them many time and they always did just what they said, never a problem of getting paid or any run around, so not sure about others but they were always good and fair to me. I don't do digital and really miss the magazine , just hope the forum stays up but feel pretty sure it won't at least not long term.  :(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2024, 12:52:28 pm »
I got an email from Marie yesterday as well and it saddened me very much that Primitive Archer is closing it's doors. Like Uncle Bob, Pappy and others here the PA forum has been a part of my life. Ever since my wife and I got our first computer, which seems like a lifetime ago, PA has been a daily part of my life. I remember many years before while reading my newest copy of Traditional Bowhunter Magazine I saw an ad for a new magazine coming out soon called Primitive Archer. I knew right then I wanted to be a part of it so I immediately sent them a check for a subscription. That was a few months before the first issue of Primitive Archer Magazine came out and I've been a part of this fantastic family ever since. I still have every copy from #1 until the last hard copy was published. Many of my good friends I met over the years I met through Primitive Archer Magazine and this incredible forum. I always liked the idea of passing on the knowledge that I learned from others. This one idea, "passing it on" and the comradery(sp) it has spawned is what has made PA a success. And, it's a worldwide phenomenon.
 I know lots of you folks are discouraged and frustrated with PA over the last few years and it coming to an end now but we all ought to be thankful to the owners of PA, past and present for creating a magazine that has lasted for for so many years and has inspired so many people world wide. In this digital age, for any hard copy magazine to succeed, especially one as small as Primitive Archer Magazine, should be something to be proud of because without all of us here now and in the past it would never have been successful and for so long. So, lets take credit but give credit as well.
 I want to personally thank Monroe Luther and Marie Luther for all they have done and for the sacrifices they have personally made to keep PA going through these past few years. After all, basically it has been Luther and Marie that have kept it going until now.  I know it wasn't an easy job for them on top of their regular lives to keep PA going for as long as it has and I personally want to thank them for it and I hope you guys will too.
 As far as the forum goes I imagine it will go with the magazine. I don't know this for a fact but if anyone wanted to take over the forum and all that entails an email to Luther or Marie might give you the answer.
 So, thank you Monroe and Marie and thank you the members of this great Primitive Archer family for making the last 30+ years very meaningful in my life.  :OK
 (=) :BB (--) )W( )-w( :-K :KN :-M (R (-S (W (S) (SH) )P( (f) :-T (AT) (AT) -C- 8) :) 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Ruddy Darter

• Sympetrum sanguineum
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2024, 04:09:28 pm »
Sorry to read this and just want to say thank you for the wealth of knowledge generously shared for which I will always be very grateful. If the forum is to shut down I would also like to say take care everyone and my very best wishes 🎯🇬🇧😎👍✝️,
Kind regards,
 Darren.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 06:16:21 pm by Ruddy Darter »
Mon arc, mon cœur. Gardez la foi!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2024, 12:24:25 am »
I know I am a better person for the connections I have made through this forum.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Muskyman

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2024, 12:34:46 am »
Saddens me to read this. I’ve really just started getting into my bow making addiction. I got started late in life with it but thanks to everyone on here I’m hooked.
Like to give a huge thanks to everyone on here who has helped me and given myself and others the gift of their knowledge and experience. Like others have said this site has become part of my daily routine. I’ll miss it greatly if and when it’s gone. I’ve come to look forward to opening up this site to see what Pat,Pappy,Bjrogg, Superdave and so many others have said done or built. Or who has answered my cry for help. Always really enjoyed how people from so many different countries are on the site.
Again, thanks for the help and hope I see you in the future. Online or perhaps somewhere else.
Mike

Offline superdav95

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2024, 01:27:29 am »
Yes very sad news if this happens.   Thanks Mike for kind words.  Also has been my daily routine over tea in mornings.  I’ve gleaned a lot of inspiration from so many on here.  There is indeed a wealth of information contained in the the members here.  It would be a shame to lose that. 
Sticks and stones and other poky stabby things.

superdav95@gmail.com

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2024, 10:30:58 pm »
I know im not on here much, at least posting anymore. But you guys were a big part of my life. I spent most of my days in middle school all the way up to highschool reading this forum and learning how to make bows. I just want to say that my life is changed and better because of yall.

I gotta say thanks for bearing with me... I know that I wasnt an amazing forum member 100% of the time... i was pretty young, still am i guess.

I hope you guys know how much i appreciate you and how much Ive learned from you from this forum and in person!

hope the forum stays up... I still got a lifetime of bowmaking, and a lifetime of learning to do.

See yall at the Classic if not, and best wishes to all. Don't be sad because its ending, be glad that it happened.  ;D
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.