Author Topic: 2024 Draw  (Read 396 times)

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
2024 Draw
« on: June 18, 2024, 12:20:27 pm »
My hunting buddy and I both drew Wyoming desert elk tags this year.  I also drew an antelope tag in an almost-sure-thing area.  Need to get this shortbow finished up and find (or build) a ground blind tall enough to shoot it out of.

It's gonna be a great fall!   (-S
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline GlisGlis

Re: 2024 Draw
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2024, 08:37:00 am »
pictures
Alot of pictures !  :OK

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2024, 01:10:43 am »
pictures
Alot of pictures !  :OK
Sure thing, Glis--I'll try to keep the camera charged up.  I'm actually kind of excited to sit in a blind over a waterhole (the usual way of bow hunting antelope), just to see all the critters that will come by.  Those who claim to know are forecasting a dry summer, so waterholes should be seeing a lot of action.  It promises to be a memorable year.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2024, 08:12:20 pm »
Good luck WB, hope you arrow a big one, Beau and I drew Elk tags in Rawah wilderness area in CO. so we will be out that way in September, not in WY. but the info said the closest town was Laramie WY. so close. :) not sure where you are ?
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2024, 11:51:56 am »
Good luck WB, hope you arrow a big one, Beau and I drew Elk tags in Rawah wilderness area in CO. so we will be out that way in September, not in WY. but the info said the closest town was Laramie WY. so close. :) not sure where you are ?
 Pappy

I would love to meet you and Beau, Pappy, if you ever get this way.  I'm in Lander, about 3 hours north and west of Laramie.

They say 10% of the bow hunters kill 90% of the elk.  I'm trying like crazy to become part of that 10% but it hasn't happened yet!   :o
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Muskyman

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2024, 05:23:03 pm »
Good luck to all you guys. Never did get to go elk hunting but sure would’ve liked to. Probably won’t ever happen so I’ll live vicariously through you guys.. I’m sure you’ll have a great trip either way.