Author Topic: 2024 Bow Trade - build in progress  (Read 9110 times)

Aaron1726 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline superdav95

Re: 2024 Bow Trade - build in progress pic heavy!
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2024, 03:58:00 pm »
sorry for some duplicates on the photos.  it was all or nothing day i guess.  heres my trade bow all finished up.  as mentioned earlier I ended up with a good bow out of this wonky yew stick.  it has a lot of character and knot plugs but dosent seem to effect the performance and function.  Ive put about 200 shots thru it and all apprears to be good.  no noticable handshock and really zips an arrow.  I find it tends to like 500-550 grain arrows but have done some recent shooting with my 610grains and it shot very well also.  would be a good hunting bow for my recipient.  I will let it be a surprise and they can decide what they do with it.  it had retained 3.5" reflex after all my shooting.  after adding the goat skin overtop the sinew and letting it dry it only added 8 grams.  not bad. very light and this stuff.  I added some dots to pretty it up and break up the edge a bit.  the stacked leather arrow shelf is an idea i took from another recent build that i figured would also look good an is removable by the new owner easy enough if they choose.  decided not to leather wrap the handle as it looked good the way it was.  added the beaver tail arrow pass and burned in my string groves at the tips and called it done.  will ship tomorrow am.  thanks for looking!

Sticks and stones and other poky stabby things.

superdav95@gmail.com

Offline Will B

Re: 2024 Bow Trade - build in progress
« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2024, 05:59:56 pm »
I’ve really enjoyed following your build, Dave. That bow turned out really nice!!  Excellent finish work. Love the wonky yew with the dots on the side. Beautiful work!

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2024, 06:23:50 pm »
Well done Dave ! Someone is going to be real happy.
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Online Aaron1726

« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2024, 10:24:12 pm »
Wow!  Awesome bow, and that camo job came out really nice.

Offline superdav95

« Reply #124 on: October 01, 2024, 11:33:55 pm »
Thanks fellas means a lot from this crowd.  It’s funny I built this bow fully expecting it to explode the whole way through. And it just didn’t.  I guess it just wanted to be a bow!  This stave had a lot of issues starting out as many may recall and just glad it survived and after 200 shots through it I’d say it’s good to go.  Hope the recipient enjoys it.  Thanks guys!   
Sticks and stones and other poky stabby things.

superdav95@gmail.com