Author Topic: Inaugural “junior” bow trade  (Read 21285 times)

Offline Muskyman

Re: Inaugural “junior” bow trade
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2024, 10:42:58 am »
Looks good Aaron. I’m guessing you’re pulling it to your draw length on the tillering tree
So I’d think you’re okay with that but, maybe others with more experience might chime in on that.
I worked on mine a little more. Trying to get it down a little bit more in draw weight. I’m down to about 53 lbs but every time I work on it I get nervous about messing it up. Just using sandpaper and going slow with that. Just kinda seems like I can’t get it to go down in weight. Probably try another time or two then quit on it.

Offline superdav95

« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2024, 11:47:08 am »
Ya mike I wouldn’t mess with it too much more.  It’s the mc in the air that is fluctuating the draw weight.  It will continue to fluctuate still.  You are in the zone and whoever gets that bow is a lucky duck!   Well done. 
Sticks and stones and other poky stabby things.

superdav95@gmail.com

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2024, 10:31:25 am »
It’s all coming together nicely, well done everyone!  Soon will come the hardest part, waiting to send-  I am always worried someone won’t get their bow, so we all post only when we’re all just about ready.  Stay strong 😁

Offline Muskyman

« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2024, 06:28:06 pm »
Worked on my bow some more today. This is the weirdest bow ever. It’s just got it in its mind it’s gonna be 55 lbs regardless. I had it down to 50 lbs at one time and it went back up to 55 lbs. Then I worked on it some more and got it back down to about 52 lbs. took it out to my shop today and pulled it about 20 times and then checked the weight and it’s right back to 55 lbs. I sanded it some more with 120 grit and then worked my way back to 2000 grit and never checked the weight again.
Put beaver fur silencers on the string and it’s much quieter now.
Then I brought the backup bow out and shot it some. It was about 47 lbs when I checked it. Seems to shoot fast. Might be that little bit of reflex in the limb tips.
I’m possibly going to stain my trade bow but not sure yet. Started working on a leather grip for it but could just put jute on it. I like jute pretty good as far as the feel of it and it looks good to me too. Then tru oil and I’m calling it done. My recipient will just have to love it at 55 lbs because it’s got its mind made up. Here’s a few pics from today. Full draw and some of two compadres

Offline Muskyman

« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2024, 01:08:38 am »
I was reading in around the campfire on this site that the forum might be going away 🤬
I was wondering what we should do if this possibly happens before our trade deadline.
Should we get our recipients address and a shipping date. Possibly an email address for our recipient so we can get in contact and ship them their bow. I’d actually like to send my recipient his bow even if the forum were to shut down..
Really hoping it doesn’t but, just in case.

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2024, 05:44:35 am »
I hadn’t heard that, but just in case can y’all send me your email addresses please, if you haven’t already and I’ll back up everything

Offline Muskyman

« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2024, 10:51:00 am »
Didn’t recall if I had sent mine to you, so I sent it to you. Would we need  yours, just in case.

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #172 on: August 22, 2024, 03:11:54 pm »
Fair point, it’s avenue.woodcarving@yahoo.co.uk

Anyone heard anything from Steve (Walski)?  He hasn’t been on PA since mid -March and in his last post he said he was nearly finished.  I messaged him a couple of days ago and I really don’t want to cut him yet but it’s not looking good at the moment.

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #173 on: August 23, 2024, 05:56:52 am »
Walski’s been in touch- he’s had some technical issues but he’s ready to ship.  I’m hoping he’ll email me a photo or two when he gets a minute or two.

So.  My original plan was to wait for everyone to finish and Sleek to do his competition.  I would hope our hosts will post a notification if the site is going to be shut down, so at the moment that is still my intention with switching to email if necessary.  Sticking with plan A, there’s about a month left to go 😃

Offline Aaron1726

« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2024, 09:10:48 am »
Sounds good, I'm just getting the finishing touches on mine and then it will be ready to go.  Can't wait to see all the other bows too!

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2024, 03:13:24 pm »
Someone is very lucky.  Thanks Walski

Offline Muskyman

« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2024, 08:02:23 pm »
Good looking bow there Walski

Offline ajooter

« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2024, 08:14:37 pm »
That's a beauty!

Offline sleek

« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2024, 01:33:43 am »
I dont have the time and know how to post pictures on here right now but I should have the bow shooting by end of day tomorrow. I am taking pictures and making videos that I will share after the salt flats event.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline superdav95

« Reply #179 on: August 25, 2024, 10:39:15 am »
Very good looking bow.  Well done indeed. 
Sticks and stones and other poky stabby things.

superdav95@gmail.com