Author Topic: Mailing heads up  (Read 951 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Mailing heads up
« on: April 08, 2022, 04:31:57 pm »
I give a lot of tillering gizmos away, I mail them on my dime. I took one to the post office today expecting the normal $4.10 price for shipping, the lady asked if I wanted a tracking number, I had never been asked this before, I said no. The shipping cost without a tracking number was $1.56, I asked if she had the shipping cost right she said that was the normal first class small item shipping (6X9 padded envelope) without a tracking number. Live and learn.....

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Mailing heads up
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 04:46:23 pm »
That’s interesting Eric.

I’ve got a project I really need to get sent out. I took it to the post office once already hoping they had a package it would fit in but they didn’t.

I’m still debating how to send it. I’m starting to think I might do it in two boxes but the shipping cost could get higher than I’d like.

Their was a thread on leather wall that said anything over 30” was going to have a $15 sir charge added to it. That would be around $30 just for one package .

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Mailing heads up
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 06:31:28 pm »
I just sent out bundles of hill cane and because they were over 30" I thought the cost would be high so I told the recipients I'd send the cane if they paid the shipping, no other trade needed unless they wanted to. I always ask the difference between Priority and Parcel Post and if only a little I opt for Priority.
Below is a page of recent postal rates someone posted on Trad Gang.

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC