Author Topic: Bow trade thoughts and comments  (Read 2368 times)

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
Re: Bow trade thoughts and comments
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2022, 07:45:13 pm »
Just like with the PA Christmas Trades it about giving and not what you might receive.
Though somehow I think he knew who was sending to him well in advance.  :D

I kind of wish I could participate this year, but school is keeping me so busy I can't even shoot, let alone build bows.

Offline paulc

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2022, 07:55:25 pm »
What sleek said.  Paul

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2022, 08:57:58 pm »
Look up "1st Annual PA Invitational 2016". Was done with good intentions. Started a lot of drama. I quit doing the trade years ago due to drama and people not finishing or sending something that was not a shootable bow. Good luck

Don't get me wrong, I never cared about what I received. I was also inspired to do some of my best work on my trade bows. I've sent two over to Europe and the guys helped me with shipping by creating a money pool and I wanted to do it justice with the best I could do. It seams that most trades always have a lot of drama with people who are interested in receiving and not giving. By not giving I meant not putting in the time and trying. It becomes obvious by not posting on the tread and sending something with very little time invested or nothing at all. I love doing trades with people that put their all into it regardless of skill level. I've never signed up for it for what I would receive.

Offline Kidder

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2022, 10:39:53 pm »
Rest assured I won’t be making any major changes. Certainly nothing the effects the spirit of the trade. Just looking to see if there were areas of improvement.
Any volunteers to make an “on time draw” bow?