Author Topic: Life on the Farm  (Read 129603 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Life on the Farm
« Reply #1170 on: June 09, 2024, 08:42:18 am »
Glad you checked it out Muskyman. I really thought it was an interesting way to build a canoe and they are beautiful and very functional. Not sure mine will be but I just have to give it a try.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #1171 on: June 09, 2024, 08:51:32 am »
Thanks GlisGlis. I know the one guy I watched just harvested his as he needed it. He said he preferred doing it that way but most people harvested and prepared it ahead of time.

I figured collecting everything and prep will probably take at least as long as assembly. I’m thinking between farming, family and play. If I can be floating around by this time next year I will be thrilled

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #1172 on: June 09, 2024, 09:07:03 am »
Speaking of family. My favorite granddaughter had her graduation party yesterday. It was nice seeing everyone .

Her mother, friends and herself did a wonderful job decorating the hall. We cooked a feast fit for a King and the little kids had a blast.

I didn’t get any pictures until it was time to take everything down and clean up.

When I saw my granddaughter taking pictures down I figured I better snap a couple pictures myself.

I’m not sure any of us are really ready for her to leave yet, but I’m sure she will make her mark. She is an awesome young lady and she has a fantastic look at life.

Sometimes I wish we could push the rewind button and do it again though.

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #1173 on: Today at 08:24:51 am »
Speaking of family time. My wife and I went to visit her sisters and spend some time away from the farm for a few days.

We had a good time and we ended up eating at a restaurant with a half scale birch bark canoe proudly displayed where you could touch, feel and look at it.

I told my wife and sister in laws a few weeks back that I wanted to build one but they didn’t really know what one looked like. It was pretty neat being able to look this one over and show them what I was hoping to do. At least I thought it was.

We had a lot of fun, but this certainly was one of my favorite parts of our getaway.

Bjrogg

PS anyone know this builder? I’d love to chat with him