Author Topic: Bear  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Bear
« on: July 08, 2021, 01:29:42 pm »
Had a young Bear come around for a snack.  Had another come around a couple weeks ago that was considerably larger but didn't have my trail cam set up at the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioMeGMWbWgE
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Bear
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 01:48:37 pm »
Our bears aren't that gentile, they would tear the feeder down first then eat the contents. Around here most folks take their bird feeders down at sunset...or else they won't be there in the morning.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 08:07:21 am »
Cool, nothing like that in the UK... Fox is the biggest I get in the garden... had cubs playing on the lawn the year we moved in :)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Gimlis Ghost

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 09:02:24 am »
A 160 lb young Blackie strolled through my yard one night years ago. I know exactly how much it weighed because Animal Control tranked it when it was found that morning sleeping in a tree at a softball park a quarter mile down the street.

I'd have not known it was around but my old Bear Dog woke up ready for a fight demanding to be let out. The bear was long gone by the time I found a leash and my pistol.

I replaced the partly broken down flimsy privacy fencing that week with double thick panels screwed down with stainless steel screws.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 05:21:56 pm »
Cool video Marc. No bears around here, did have one pass through the area a year or so ago , but he didn't live or stay here. He was headed to east TN. the game people said looking for a home. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good