Author Topic: Good Bye Primitive Archer  (Read 5867 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Good Bye Primitive Archer
« on: July 07, 2021, 05:03:06 pm »
I've been absent from this forum for a while now.  One members negative comments on everything I posted ruined this site for me.  I took some time off hoping it would be fun again.  I tried to come back recently and he jumped on my first post.  Life is to short and precious to waste time reading his nonsense.   I have much better things to do in my life.

I've met a lot of great friends on here.  Thanks for all the good years PA!  This will be my last post. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Good Bye Primitive Archer
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 06:00:52 pm »
I miss so many of you guys Clint. Hopefully see you around somewhere.
Bjrogg
PS your always welcome to stop by my place if your in the neighborhood
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 06:05:26 pm »
X2 what BJ said. Definitely miss some people around here.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline Patches

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 06:16:25 pm »
Clint I hate to see you go but I understand.  You are always welcome at MoJam!  Cannot guarantee you will get to golf in a monsoon again though! 

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline TNArcher1969

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2021, 11:15:13 pm »
Dang Clint, I am just getting back into here and you are going to pop smoke, what gives?
"Stay Calm, Pick a spot, Shoot Straight"

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 02:28:03 am »
Clint,
We value your experience and will miss your wisdom!  Unfortunately, some people think they gain stature by denigrating everyone!  I hope I Have learned to ignore those ah types, even though I can't really do it, I at least disregard them as nebbish!  Hope to see you at MoJam!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2021, 03:05:16 am »
I can understand your viewpoint Clint.Many a good bow maker have left this forum though because of nonsense like that.Some people thrive on controversy and some don't.
I know I'm glad to have known the bowmakers from the past that were on here including you.
If you get a break and have time to make it to Mo Jam I'll see you there.Some bow makers from the past that were on here will be there.The forecast weather sounds great.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Online GlisGlis

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2021, 04:41:44 am »
outlaw you always provided high quality posts. very enjoyable to read and look at.
I recently asked myself why you stopped.
I tough it was one of that moment where life or another passion interfere.
if you had an issue with a forum member i strongly suggest you to ignore him.
in internet you'll always find trolls but many times it's simply the social distancing that make comprehension more difficult.
Let the 99% of this forum members love persuade you !!!
We want you back.   :OK
and btw you have to catch up for all this under cover months   ;D

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2021, 05:02:04 am »
That is a real pity.
PA lives from people like you.

Nobody needs bullshitters and dumbasses. Simply ignoring is the best tactic, even if it is sometimes difficult.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 05:05:08 am by AndrewS »

Offline JEB

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2021, 07:19:43 am »
I know what you mean Clint. I don't post much. You have a guy on here that all but stole from me on a trade. He screwed me royally and knows it.  I have brought it up more than once but nothing done. He still posts daily and I refuse to get in or join up on any trades/swaps where he signs up for. There was also a guy that sold me a snake skeleton neckless that kept my money and never sent the neckless.  That was a sideline deal as I know you can't buy and sell on here. I do believe he has been banned. So I got clipped twice on here.

Anyone want to know who these two crooks are I will disclose in a PM to me.

I just don't treat people like that.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 07:23:26 am by JEB »

Offline scp

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2021, 08:21:50 am »
Taking a break from social media once in a while is a good idea. But you don't have to feel defeated. If you get undeserved criticism or even naked trolling, you can always PM that person to make sure you have not misunderstood and then report the post to moderators, if necessary. You already know you are not alone here. There are many more decent and friendly people here than occasional trouble makers or trolls. Sometimes we can get overly sensitive as well. Directly addressing the issue works for someone like me who are used to confrontational discussions. But most people are not accustomed to that kind of interaction. We need to have more active moderators, I guess. But you need to inform them to get their help. Take care.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2021, 08:43:03 am »
Clint I’m just gonna say. I really miss guys like you, Bill, Paul, Chris, Knoll, Ryan and several others.

I always looked forward to seeing what followed you home. You have a real knack of finding treasures. You were someone I never had to worry about trading with. You will be very much missed from this site. I hope you change your mind but I understand and honestly this site has lost a lot of its appeal with the loss of so many good members. I know there are still a lot of really good people on here, but we have lost to many.

Bjrogg

PS if you see or communicate with those other people I mentioned give them a high five for me.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline BrianS

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2021, 09:08:58 am »
I enjoy this forum very much and hate to see anyone leave.  Good luck wherever your journeys take you and God bless.
Brian

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2021, 09:12:48 am »
I understand, there are a few people here that feel it it their mission in life to knock me down a notch or two when I post, they usually insinuate that I don't know what I am talking about. Seeing as how I never post anything that I don't have direct experience with and they are mostly posting opinions, I whip out the pictures (I photograph everything for future reference) to prove my point and they shut up.

Like you, it used to really get my goat when they gave me a hard time but now I don't take the bait and give them a platform for their foolishness. Cyber bullies abound, type A personalities for the most part, apparently they just can't help it and will never learn to play nice.

Offline HH~

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2021, 10:01:41 am »
Yep lots guys come and go. Manny been gone, Cowboy, El Destructo, Medicinewheel, heck I see Leaping Bare every other week and he been gone for years.

Just had a really great Bowbuilder and guy Tap not long ago. Did not like guns in PA and stood by his conviction and left. Happens.

I will just post what managment said then, prolly applies here today.

We hate to see ya go Outlaw

HH~

Offline Justin Snyder
Administrator
View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

Re: what's all the uproar?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 09:17:30 am »
Scott, there seems to have been a little missunderstanding going on. There is at time a feeling that the contest is a popularity contest and that leaves a bad taste at times.  However this is because Manny chose to pull his bow from BOM in protest to the fiberglass bows in the magazine and the fact that the editor ignored his question posted in feedback to the editor.  Some of us applaud the fact that Manny would stick up for what he believes in enough to pull a bow that was an obvious contender because what he believes is more important than winning BOM.  My hat is off to anyone that stands up for what they believe with that kind of fortitude.  Because some of us agree with Manny others have taken offense.  Everyone is free to participate in BOM and nobody will think any less of them for doing it. WE just applaud Manny for having conviction to what he believes in.  Justin

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW