Author Topic: Hickory, NC shoot-who's coming? This year  (Read 38603 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Hickory, NC shoot-who's coming? This year
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2008, 09:44:08 pm »
Well, that all looked like a blast. Gonna have to take a season off work one year and hit em all - looks like I really missed out :'(.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2008, 12:58:59 pm »
Hey Chris did you make the Kilt? I wanna get me one of those. Be nice and cool in the summer 8). If you did not make it ,where did you get it?
Now that would be a  sight , my big ol self in a kilt . I think I can pull it off  ;)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 02:11:37 am by nugget »
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2008, 02:42:50 pm »
Yea TJ,  but can you put it on! ;D       Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline nugget

« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2008, 12:30:19 am »
If I had one my size I sure would.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2008, 12:41:25 am »
 :o ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline nugget

« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2008, 02:12:16 am »
I can do it! ;D

Wasichu

« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2008, 09:16:43 am »
Remember Gentlemen, This is a family friendly shoot at Hickory ;D
  With Nugget in a kilt :o  and if Pat B's friend wore that breechcloth again :o   I don't know what natural laws would be broken.

Peace

Offline nugget

« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2008, 11:35:14 am »
One of my biggest worries is trying to knap with a kilt on ??? That is not a place I want to get a sliver of rock

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2008, 11:59:36 am »
TJ, If you will notice, most of those guys take their shoes off before knapping. Must be something to that!...and I'm surely not suggestion anything else. :o ;)     Pat

Offline nugget

« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2008, 07:35:22 pm »
Well I reckon if the dudes who invented knapping did not have very good footwear or much in protection for clothing either. So if they could do it so can I. :o
Chris never did say were he got the kilt did he?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2008, 10:08:27 pm »
TJ, I think he said something about Victoria's Secret.  ;D ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline nugget

« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2008, 10:30:42 pm »
Nice one Hillbilly ;D . I want to make it as correct as possible, so no one will have anything to say when I wear it.
Well on second thought yall will be hootin and hollerin either way !  :o
So I guess i am wanting to make a properly fashioned kilt is what I was tryin to say.
Before it is all said and done I will !
T.J.

DBernier

« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2008, 05:40:01 am »
TJ, I think this occasion, The premier of the kilt, will inspire people the obtain digital cameras and record this historic event.   :o  Could be history in the making.   ???   Just don't know if "I" would want to make that kind of history.   ;D . This could get interesting.  :o Just think, "The order of the Kilt"  8) PA "Archers" defining a new code of dress. Chris and TJ, the Kilt twins.   ;)  How about that.

Dick

Offline ber643

• Bernie Dunn's Home Page
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2008, 08:50:05 am »
Wonder what the Scots would have to say about all this  :D Probably, "Good show, Yanks!"  ;D
"Hunters Are People Too" (My website Premise)
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2008, 05:01:24 pm »
Ment to show this off earlier but just got around to it.

Steve (hillbilly) knapped out this really nice beautiful point while we were up there chipping on some obsidian. Man he does nice work. Thanks much for the point steve.  And thanks much for the instruction... learned a lot. I will have the point on a shaft really soon and hopefully put it to good use.
 Enjoy.
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere