Author Topic: Hickory, NC shoot-who's coming? This year  (Read 38606 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: Hickory, NC shoot-who's coming? This year
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2008, 09:59:08 am »
Rut-ro...the queen is all fuzzed up :o  At least I haven't heard "Off with their heads!" yet......... ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

DBernier

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2008, 10:55:39 am »
I will try and name these as I go along. What we got here is:
 TJ (Nugget) explaining the fine points of a narrow canoe/bow paddle
Allen, Patrick and Tom contemplating. Really  ???
Pat explaining to Hillbilly how to take off that really BIG flake.  ;)
PatB explaining the fine points of life to little Hillbilly (Cody)   ???
Hillbilly and Tom at parade rest
TJ, PatB, Hillbilly and Cody. I had to put up with this crew for three days.  :'(

More comming.

Dick Bernier

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2008, 11:07:28 am »
Looks like yall had a big time,wished I could be in 2 places at once. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

DBernier

« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2008, 12:22:28 pm »
Here is the "more"

PatB doing what he does best, raiding the food table.  :-[

Becca, quill worker extraordinary, and the wife of James Parker, I think he flint knaps  ;D, complementing Allen on the food, AND the abundance of it. Thanks Allen for the fine cooking.

Hillbilly getting ready to clobber Dick for that last comment.  >:(

PatB contemplating the duality of it all. Talk about a guy stuck in the 60's Jezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!  ???

TJ trying to deny "he did not do it".   >:D  We do not know what "it" was but I am guessing he had too many bowls of Amy's chicken/sausage cacciatore. Man that stuff is good.  :P

Pat doing whatever Pat does. Hey just what is "it" he does. I know what it is---he is in too many photos.

Hey, we had a good time with good people. The time really goes by fast. It is always a good shoot when you do not break or loose an arrow and shoot a decent score. I got to "almost" finish my latest composite bow and to try out my newly redesigned tapper tool for arrow shafts. Did two dozen in less than 30 minutes. See you all at PatB's in July and if not then, next year in Hickory.

Dick

« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 12:32:24 pm by DBernier »

DBernier

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2008, 08:29:59 pm »
Hey, I forgot or overlooked this photo of Wade (n2) giving Hillbilly instruction on just how its done. Sorry Wade?  :-[

Dick

Offline ber643

• Bernie Dunn's Home Page
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2008, 10:49:55 pm »
Ah-ha this is where I should have posted that post of mine that got moved all over the forums and wound up here (a few posts above, or below ("Near Miss"). I got to meet Hillbilly finaly also N2evrythg, and I saw Nugget a few times but we never got introed. I think we even talked a time or two but didn't tumble to who the other was. I was down to "Pat's Camp"to pick up my box of wood from him. Knew most of the group in the pics from two years ago and got to meet Dick Bernier - also finally. Great bunch, and they know how to camp out, for sure. I'll be seeing most all of you again (some at ATAR perhaps), good Lord willing.
"Hunters Are People Too" (My website Premise)
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2008, 11:59:41 pm »
who is giving who pointers?  ??? think it was the other way round as I remember it.  :) I was just making little tiny rock chips...

N2
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2008, 09:52:00 am »
can't believe you guys/gals are passing up the opportunity to comment on my camo kilt!  should be interesting chasing hogs in it in a couple weeks.  eddie and steve, if ya'll want one for the hog hunt i can give my taylor's info.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2008, 11:57:49 am »
Chris, we were actually being nice for once and not talking about your man-dress.  O:)  But since you brought it up...............  ::) ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline ber643

• Bernie Dunn's Home Page
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2008, 01:33:58 pm »
See there - I didn't even dare ask who he was - and missed another guy from here - LOL. Actually I didn't even think about it , Mechslasher, since there is one who comes to the Baltimore shoot every year in a kilt, at least one of the days. It did surprise me to see a camo one though. That other guy (nice young chap) wears a high quality black one, from Scotland. To each his own and if it's comfortable, more power to you, or anyone else who wears kilts.
"Hunters Are People Too" (My website Premise)
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC

DBernier

« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2008, 01:58:19 pm »
Well as Hillbilly said we were being respectfull?  ??? of Chris's decision to go "cool"  8).

Dick

huntswithstick

« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2008, 07:05:41 pm »
Hey Mechslasher - kilts rock! Were you wearing a camo Utilikilt? I saw someone there with one, I was thinking he was working/running one of the vendors tents.  I have a OD/brownish Utilikilt that I wear to the highland games. Love a kilt - super comfortable and addictive to wear.

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2008, 10:41:43 am »
hunts, i can't afford a utilikilt just yet.  this one is a grody goose made from recycled bdu's.  they are only $50 and wear great.  can't wait to try it out on out upcoming hog hunt.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2008, 10:46:25 am »
I'm glad you're wearing it when we go hog hunting-I bet I can run faster in britches than you can in that skirt  ;D ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2008, 07:43:18 pm »
 All I can say is I don't want to see anything hanging out while we are in the golf cart. And when it comes to crawling through those Blackberry bushes and wild rose, bloodtrailing,  I want to be ahead of you so I know which blood trail I'm following.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?