Author Topic: The Ante  (Read 17694 times)

Offline Selfbowman

Re: The Ante
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2020, 12:00:55 pm »
The BART bow looks great Shawn. I bet it shoots that arrow a long ways. Best of luck. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline HH~

« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2020, 07:15:18 am »
Pappy had his hands on Bart Bow yesterday. He liked the color, draw weight and early string weight of it. Has that prehistoric Amber color throughout.

The Ante is waiting for someone to throw in. Has string nock overlays and they are cut. Not really been pulled on yet, just a long string tug to check that hooks are aligning well enough to tiller out. Cut the Osage riser backing block down so when its time I can get into the fades a bit.

Like i was posting earlier with this wood my feeling is the the bow will end up with a rally flat unbraced profile. It very well may keep some relex out in last third if I keep it real stiff out there. Who can say?

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline HH~

« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2020, 12:27:53 pm »
Ante going down that dusty road of tiller soon. Most times when I do a recurve don't use a string in beiginng, use a (cupped cord ) so you can exercise limbs like your using a bow stringer. Well, this goat rodeo is gonna be different. Putting sting nock overlays and grooves in right from the giddy up and use a tiller string to floor exercise.

This Macacauba (not mercado)  MarkII gifted me is hard stuff. Like scratching on glass. Guess it should make some tuff tips?

Shawn~
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 12:37:50 pm by HH~ »

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2020, 02:24:40 pm »
looking  good.
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline HH~

« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2020, 02:56:06 pm »
Last call to throw some chips on table! Where’s Runner aka Patg or M last chance before next down cards are delt?

Arvin, you got wood billets. 2021 Super throw down!?!?

Shawn~

Offline PatM

« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2020, 03:13:23 pm »
I'm right here. Who's Pat G?   Is there an actual contest going on?  I thought you guys were just trying to learn something.

Offline RyanY

« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2020, 03:16:37 pm »
I'm right here. Who's Pat G?   Is there an actual contest going on?  I thought you guys were just trying to learn something.

I think the contest is shooting his own bow and saying it’s fast because he said so.

Offline HH~

« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2020, 03:35:10 pm »
Just another build with the other poker dogs Runner.

Made enough statics to know “its all about the wood yer gonna use in the end”. Terd wood in, turd bow out. Every once in a while you het a crazy Ivan that surprises.

Got billets? Pony up

HH~

Offline PatM

« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2020, 03:39:21 pm »
 That's why I'm confused by the "challenge".   

I just wanted Arvin to try a static which he has been pursuing pretty well.  I already know what they can do.

I do have several on the go.  Pretty much every bow I make is a static or near enough.

Offline HH~

« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2020, 03:42:58 pm »
Great yer in then.

Post away Ruuner.

We been looking for a round out for a hand or two.

HH~

Offline PatM

« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2020, 04:03:21 pm »
Let me puzzle out the picture process on here again. Even the wall is more user friendly for a direct click and send.

Offline HH~

« Reply #131 on: December 31, 2020, 07:35:14 am »
When you been shooting and building bows awhile it does not take Nuclear Power plant Engineer to see what a fast bow is. If yer eye can see the difference between FF and B50or B55 which is 5-7fps on avg, your eye can see a fast bow. Not a difficult thing to see. I can almost always gain about 10fps just from a dynamic release anyway. So what is difference? 160fps bow i can snap a shot 170-172 out of makes it the Vallhala of bows?

A Fast selfbow say 20fps faster than the avg selfbow never put anymore back-straps or roasts in my freezers. If that's what blows yer hair back I'm good with it. We always judge an arrow shot and the bow at the line or stake for accuracy and for speed. That's good enough for me and some really great bowyers and shooters I shoot with regularly.

Throw in Ryan. Sound like you might know what yer talkin about?

Shawn~

Offline HH~

« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2020, 11:33:18 am »
Last heat before it goes on the tree next week. Like I thought, just exercising the limbs on long string took all but some reflex on outter third out. Should make a really really smooth hunting weight bow.

Shawn~

bownarra

« Reply #133 on: January 01, 2021, 01:46:12 am »
Interesting I wouldn't have expected you to lose reflex on the long string, maybe a bit but not much?

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #134 on: January 01, 2021, 04:17:50 am »
Why? Isn't lost reflex the same thing as gaining a little set on a straight limb?