Author Topic: Need best glue for tips  (Read 2330 times)

Wasichu

Need best glue for tips
« on: May 01, 2008, 08:53:59 pm »
I have had a "few" tips to blow out,and I would like your input on which glue you would use to glue osage to bamboo. I have this bow that I wish to use osage as overlays on the tips.

Peace

Offline Dano

Re: Need best glue for tips
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 09:19:48 pm »
I never use anything but Titebond, and have never had a problem. Ya gotta have a good fit to begin with is all.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline Gordon

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 09:31:16 pm »
I've used both epoxy and superglue for gluing tips with good effect.
Gordon

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 10:38:05 pm »
Are you de-oiling the Osage??? Wipe it down good with Acetone ( I prefer this) or Lye....Oven Cleaner will work too.....and let it dry....and then Glue them down with Titebond....I like Hide Glue myself the Best....you can glue two pieces of Glass togethe with Hide Glue....and it will break the Glass first before the Glue lets go....and than I seal it with polyurethane
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Wasichu

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 10:42:05 pm »
APPRECIATE This ;D

Peace