Author Topic: Getting a twist in one limb. Couple questions.  (Read 2451 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Getting a twist in one limb. Couple questions.
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2020, 03:35:12 pm »
You should be working your fades into the limbs as you tiller. Reshaping later in the process can change tiller and draw weight.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bassman

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2020, 06:50:10 pm »
2x

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2020, 08:20:08 am »
At 58" you are gonna have to maximize your working limbs for a 28" draw, that means making your handle as small as possible
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

gutpile

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2020, 09:50:13 am »
that handle looks really long... mine are 4 " with 1 1/2 fades. 7" total... I tend to build short bows also... so I try to get as much working limbs I can... start to work right out of fade...but not too much.. as for twist.. sometimes they don't affect your bow..I also trashed the tiller stick for a tiller tree cable set up.. ...can reduce so much unnecessary stress and set while tillering .. you can take a quick pic and attack then......  gut
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 09:55:03 am by gutpile »

Offline BoisBrule

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2020, 10:02:20 am »
The handle is 8"from start of fade , to start of fade. fade are 2".

I'll start working on them ASAP, before any more work on the limbs... just gotta find time, between work, getting the 'stead ready for winter, and running after a 9 month old.

Thank you all for the advice, and taking time to put up with my questions...it's appreciated.
"...break the skin of civilization, and you find the ape, roaring and red-handed."