Author Topic: A deal for PA owners  (Read 3211 times)

Offline DC

A deal for PA owners
« on: August 31, 2020, 04:37:36 pm »
 Such a deal, if you make PA a secure site I'll subscribe for at least a year.
Don

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
Re: A deal for PA owners
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 09:02:17 pm »
well.... heres the bad thing... they HAVE to update the site. if they do not... the site will either be taken down, blocked, or something else but all i know is that at some time in the future the website will be blocked on google and maybe other browsers, i havent checked. and i know some may say that thats fine but a lot of people use google and then a lot of people will miss out on the opportunity to join not just the forum but the PA website as a whole.

maybe im wrong. but read this for yourself. i would hate for something to happen to this site.

"The connection used to load this site used TLS 1.0 or TLS 1.1, which are deprecated and will be disabled in the future. Once disabled, users will be prevented from loading this site. The server should enable TLS 1.2 or later."
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 10:08:17 pm by Deerhunter21 »
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 07:07:33 am »
I strongly suggest to investigate in other hosting solutions
the TLS issue and the continous hosting space problem with pictures are sign of very poor hosting solution
nowadays there are many cheap (less than $100/y)  yet reliable hosting solutions with virtually unlimited hosting space.
Just google and compare hosting solutions for php/mysql (tecnologies required by "simple machine", this forum software)

Offline willie

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 04:07:45 pm »
maybe im wrong. but read this for yourself.

DH. your browser may quit fetching pages served with tls 1 or 1.1,  but you don't have to use that browser. if your browser is chrome, that change might be implemented by google, who develops chrome, but that does not mean google search will quit serving links to PA. They would like to dictate how everything should be done on the internet, but obviously will not break their own products, if the rest of the world does not follow suit.

Offline TrevorM

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 08:06:55 am »
This isn't just a google and chrome issue. All the major browsers are going to start to require 1.2 or higher, and it doesn't stop at browsers either. Network equipment like firewalls are also going to start blocking it. I'm actually kinda surprised I can still get on here, I  access from work and everything here has switched a while ago.
Trevor

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 08:53:55 am »
Well, this is my last visit. I’m using my phone now only because it allows access, but I don’t trust it. Later gang, been a good 10 years.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 10:08:39 am »
Dang Pearlie, what will we do without you to pick on?   ???
At least come back once in a while just to say hey.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Deerhunter21

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 10:18:45 am »
Well, this is my last visit. I’m using my phone now only because it allows access, but I don’t trust it. Later gang, been a good 10 years.

i hope i see you around again at a shoot or something pearl... gonna miss you on here.  :'( :'( :'(

i dont know how much i trust a site thats not up to date as it can be easy to hack...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 05:53:31 pm by Deerhunter21 »

Offline Deerhunter21

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2020, 10:29:51 am »
h ttps://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2020/03/31/tls-1-0-tls-1-1-schedule-update-edge-ie11/

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 03:21:38 pm »
 ??? I guess I don't know enough about secure and un secure site to matter, I don't have anything on my computer or phone that is that important or would help anyone, so they can go for it if they want a waste of time. Sorry to hear that Pearl. :( Guess I am just old school,don't put anything on phone or computer that care for someone to see.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DC

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 11:59:47 am »
It's not about security like that, well sorta. It's that the browsers that we use to get here are just not allowing us to get here. I've talked to a couple of people that, like PD, can't get on PA anymore because their browser won't let them. They could change browsers like I did but that's a temporary fix. Sooner or later all browsers will move to the newer security methods and we will wake up to no PA. Does anyone care?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2020, 12:42:38 pm »
I asked Marie about this last night and she said she has been in touch with the tech guys and is waiting to hear back.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2020, 06:11:01 pm »
I sure hope it happens Pat. I know several users who aren’t anymore. I really miss them. I can still come here with my user, but like said. Probably just a matter of time.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline JEB

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2020, 07:54:34 pm »
Well my dumb ass doesn't have a clue what you folks are talking about.  :fp

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2020, 01:24:46 pm »
I don't get on PA on my phone for the same reason. I'm not going to buy from Amazon, check my bank records with the warning coming up on my phone everytime I try to access PA.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?