Author Topic: started 1st static  (Read 7355 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: started 1st static
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2008, 11:10:57 pm »
Well catfish, from my novice perspective - that tiller doesn't look too bad! Looks like your gripping your string too low and causing the bow to bend a little off :-\? Destructo will do the circle thing and we'll see ;D. But look at them static tips - something I've yet to attempt but will soon with steam. Them are nice!!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline catfishon

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2008, 11:21:09 pm »
i used a heat gun but should have greased bow 1st , you can see the dark spots where i heated it.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2008, 10:34:36 pm »
The Scorch Marks will just give er Character!!!! As for the Tiller.....well when I was learning to be a Crane Operator....the Ole Man told me that there were two kinda Levers....LeverA's ....and Lever B's.....this is a Lever B!!!!!!!! Shoot it and enjoy the Fact that you made a Nice Bow from the Wood.....and learn from it....and Move on to the Next one.....I like it....but then I am partial to Stiff Tips!!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome