Author Topic: Tillering reflexed or recurved limbs  (Read 888 times)

Offline NewBowyer

Tillering reflexed or recurved limbs
« on: June 02, 2020, 12:21:55 pm »
What advice or guidance can people offer for tillering a bow that has recurved or reflexed limbs? Is it basically the same process as straight limbs, just with a different looking bend at full draw? I’m wondering which parts of the limb should bend first, later, and last during the draw cycle. And is there a difference when only one limb is reflexed but the other is mostly straight.

Offline Ricardovanleeuwen

Re: Tillering reflexed or recurved limbs
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 12:38:56 pm »
The straight one should bend further, and It dephend, is the reflex on purpose? Like static recurve should'nt bend but If the stave itself is fully reflexed then  It must bend but It have to bend more till you get It bending towards brace

Offline NewBowyer

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 12:47:03 pm »
That makes sense. It’s “on purpose” in that I chose the back & belly sides to use the stave’s natural bend, but I didn’t bend the wood that way myself.

Offline Ricardovanleeuwen

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 02:36:02 pm »
Well, im dont have all the experience as some other here but what i mean if the reflex is on purpose you should try to get Both limbs reflexed the same, or straighten the reflexed limb out. It isnt a must but It makes tillering easyer if Both limbs are the same