Author Topic: The Bows and Bow Makers of this Decade.  (Read 7070 times)

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
Re: The Bows and Bow Makers of this Decade.
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2019, 12:10:03 pm »
I looked back thru BOM and BOY before I did this.  I then went thru the member list and your right.  I could have added more names, I just had to end it somewhere.  Any one wants to add to the list, they are welcome to.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2019, 01:29:13 pm »
Then you should add Kamil to the list somewhere.  He is the one from Poland.  He doesn't post often, and when he does, it's always in the same post--but his bows are also off the charts.  He starts with yew longbows and is now doing painted horn composites that blow you away.

Offline silent sniper

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2019, 01:34:02 pm »
I'm grateful for all the talented builders here who have helped and inspired me to get where I am today. Some of them like Marc and Carson I have gotten to meet personally and others have inspiried me with the work they post on here. 

This is a great community of guys who are willing to help make each other better. Something like that is a rarity these days.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2019, 04:00:14 pm »
Thanks for the kind mention, haven't posted a bow in a while, I still make a few and am involved in many but just love coming on here and seeing what these guys are doing, just amazes me sometimes with their talent. Some have taken it to a whole new level , many of the ones you have mentioned are the ones I am talking about and several that have moved on :(  It is a great site with a wealth of info from some of the best bow builders in the world old and new IMO. keep up the good work and keep passing it on. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Will B

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2019, 06:37:52 pm »
I’m really thankful I found this site when I first started building selfbows, and was able to see the quality of work by so many great bowyers. I have received so much help from many of the guys who are listed here, as well as so many others. It’s great to be inspired to do better and to be able to ask questions and receive solid answers from guys who have “been there and done that”.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2019, 03:10:33 pm »
I sent Slim a private message to check to see if I was included mistakenly. After all, I think I have posted maybe 3 bows in 11 years here, none of them particularly barn burners or anything to be used as an example of something to strive for. I was assured my name was there for a reason, whether it was for my passable but unremarkable tillering.

The hardest thing for me to do is take a compliment and I almost asked to be removed. But the other day I got my butt royally chewed by someone I deeply love and respect for just that. I guess this is my way of saying thanks for recognizing my desire to encourage our community. I have been treated better than I deserve and I am just working on passing it forward.

This is a good community and we didn't just happen to arrive at this place by luck. Many good people fought the good fight to create a polite and respectful atmosphere.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2019, 05:36:55 pm »
Your contribution here certainly merits an honorable mention. I don’t think anyone would argue that.

Offline bubby

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2019, 07:55:02 pm »
I'm honoured to be included in the list guys, mucho appreciated. You are right about one thing many guys that don't post here that make my jaw drop, the guy that comes to mind most is James Remp, he would top my list.
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2019, 08:16:40 pm »
Hey bubby.  Good to hear from you and Merry Christmas.

Offline bubby

« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2019, 08:21:31 pm »
Merry Christmas slimbob
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline redhillwoods

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2019, 07:21:04 am »
It's hard to quantify how much I've learned from this forum. When I found it 2-3 years ago my sole knowledge base was BB 1-4. I thought that was current info and then was blown away by what l saw here. Thanks to all involved for showing their work, answering questions and giving so many words of support and encouragement.