Author Topic: Eddie Bauer...  (Read 7257 times)

Offline possum

Eddie Bauer...
« on: April 11, 2008, 03:51:44 pm »
...made a leather jacket.  I saw it at Goodwill today, very nice.  It had a pebble texture that would have been great for bow handles.  I showed my wife and she did this... ::).  I showed her the silk ties I found and she asked what they were for ('cause she knows I won't wear them) and when I told her to make bows she did this... ::)...again.  So I did this... :'(  And when I got the ties anyway and tried to do this... :-*... but she did this... >:(.  Man, that jacket would have made some really nice handles, :-\ or a bag, or a quiver, or... etc... you get the point.  Oh well, the price was right.  Only thing better would have been free.

I love Goodwill, or my mama calls it "GW Boutique"

possum
"To ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." George Washington

mebane NC

Offline DanaM

Re: Eddie Bauer...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 04:19:14 pm »
possum at least she is past the  :o :o :o stage :P
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline possum

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 09:06:29 pm »
She gets ... :o... from her coworkers when she mentions anything I do.   :-\

possum
"To ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." George Washington

mebane NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 10:45:07 pm »
They get used to it after awhile. Mine used to go.. or like... but after a few years, she just goes.... She don't hardly even go any more when she finds the, uh, .....unique and interesting.... dead things that I smuggle into the freezer sometimes..  ;D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 10:48:46 pm by Hillbilly »
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 12:57:14 am »
Got to tell you guys.
My wife keeps me supplied with 3Rivers gift certificates.
She never complains and understands when i ooh and aah about the wonderful bows y'all make.
When she comes home and the garage is full of shavings instead of the flower gardens trimmed, that's all right.
When I shoot some arrows instead of dust the furniture, that's all right, too. 
Best Bowyer's Wife I could have ever foiund.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline sailordad

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 01:19:26 am »
oldbow sounds like your wife and mine are cut from the same cloth.

mine doesnt even mind if i spend the better part of the weekend in my mancave (basement) making shavings and sawdust and every once in awhile i even manage to make up e new word or two,which is usually preceeded by a loud crack sound.lol
why she even bought me boo/hickory reflex/deflex kit from rudderbows archery just because i mentioned how much i would like to try it.

hard to find good ones like that,glad i did though.

tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 03:04:17 am »
My wife likes me to work on bows in her kitchen at the table so I can keep her company while she is doing dishes.   ;D I have 3 bows in the kitchen right now.  ;D  You gotta love a good woman. I sure love mine.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Dustybaer

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 05:26:19 am »
justin, that would mean my wife hates me, cause she banned me from the kitchen.  i'm exiled to the dining room.  that's where i make all my stuff (except bows, those i usually make at friends workshops  ;D  mainly cause my basement is cluttered up with stuff i might need one day plus i just love a second set of eyes, while tillering)

of course it might just be because our kitchen is tiny  ;D  and come to think about it, letting me routinely make a mess of the dining room ain't that bad.  maybe she does love me  ;D

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 11:10:27 am »
My wife actually loves to shoot, and goes to most of the 3Ds with me. She hasn't made a bow yet, but she's working on some cane arrows right now, and doing a pretty good job at it, too. She's a good'un, actually doesn't even gripe too much about the piles of bundles of cane and shoots in the corners of the living room and the roughed-out bowstaves sitting on the curtain rods.  ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 11:26:33 am »
Marius, I guess I should redefine. I am actually in the dinning room, but it connects to the kitchen with no walls dividing them.   ;) So technically we are in the same boat.  ;D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Dustybaer

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 12:28:49 pm »
justin i always knew it: we're soulmates.  we fought over last place at the 10th TN classic (before we even got there), we love the same kind of woman, we even make our archery tackle in the same room of the house.  now if i could talk you into growing some hair in your face we'd become twin-souls.

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 05:38:04 pm »
During cold weather I use the kitchen table as well. I know I got a good one in my wife as well. Long as I clean up my messes she's cool with it.  Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 11:51:36 pm »
justin i always knew it: we're soulmates.  we fought over last place at the 10th TN classic (before we even got there), we love the same kind of woman, we even make our archery tackle in the same room of the house.  now if i could talk you into growing some hair in your face we'd become twin-souls.
;D ;D It would take me years to get facial hair like yours.  Maybe you should shave yours, that would only take 15 minutes.  :o Justin

SW Utah

Tare

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 02:05:37 am »
It took me a while to find this thread again. ("Bows" was the third place I looked this time around) At the time of my first finding this thread, Old Bows post was (I think) the last words posted. I was thinking to myself, that: This is a good wife for me to emulate.(old bows) Its a good lesson. It speaks to me deeply. That is one of the reasons why I  should not even be on this forum as my spouse has no interest in bow making. From my standpoint though...its a very difficult situation. A deep heartache.

I enjoyed this thread very much. Thank you.The re-actions of the wives way above put a smile on my face. If they only knew what they were missing out on, hey? Who would have ever thought the name of a thread called Eddie Bauer would contain anything related to bows!!!

Dustybaer

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 08:13:46 am »
;D ;D It would take me years to get facial hair like yours.  Maybe you should shave yours, that would only take 15 minutes.  :o Justin

sorry justin, , no can do, 'cause i would loose the few skills i have.  remember, gregb said the beard is the source of our bowyer skills.  you, on the other hand, would gain patb's experience and skills, just like that.  would you reconsider now?  ;D