Author Topic: Burnt Offering  (Read 10034 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Burnt Offering
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2019, 12:11:30 pm »
I like that tiller!

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2019, 12:23:44 pm »
Great job Brian. That bow came out really nice. Love the name, too.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2019, 12:45:24 pm »
That's a great looking bow BJ.  I'm glad I got to see it in person. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Will B

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2019, 12:58:39 pm »
I like that one a lot!  Great job!

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2019, 01:12:04 pm »
Thanks Slimbob. I know Simson and Druid got a couple dandies. Thought they might like a little friendly competition. I thought I had my profile pictures all resized but I can't get them to post. I'll try to get them up as soon as I can.
Bjrogg
What are you talking Brian, no chance to compete with your bow. You did great, profiles and finish are top notch - I like it very much and I'm pretty sure make the race. Would like to work some day with HHB, we have only some similar woods here in Germany.
Again, awesome work. Good to have more entries in BOM.
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2019, 01:18:01 pm »
nice bow.  Seems like every bow you make is better than the last.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2019, 01:37:49 pm »
Thanks Jerry And Pat

Kyle I'm feeling so blessed now that we were able to sneak in our sugarbeets, corn and soybeans. We worked really hard at it when we had the chance. A lot never got a chance yet. It's been raining and wet here again but I just took my dad out to see if the last field of beets I planted came up and it looks like it's going to. Still a little cold for the corn and soy yet. Hopefully everyone else can get crop in soon.

Thanks Eric. It sure feels like its tillered good.

Thanks Steve I always feel more attached to them when they tell me their name.

Was great to see you Clint. Wish it could have been for longer. Would've liked to shoot the coarse with you. Hope everything went well for your daughters graduation.

Thanks WillB

Simson ThankYou so much for all the inspiration you have given me and so many others. You do such fine work and I very much respect your opinion. I truly would love to meet you and make some shavings together some day.

Thanks Jeff. I think that's because I'm still learning.

Thanks everyone for looking
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2019, 01:42:48 pm »
  Bj,
        Lovely bend and balance...I really like the skins...Excellent craftsmanship
                                                                                                                      Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline simk

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2019, 01:58:45 pm »
Hey bj, that's one killer bow. It's pretty obvious you needed very very strong medicine. Hope the skies have cleared up again - also here in europe we had lotsa rain and there was snow on begin of may. Still there is hope and the first summerdays are predicted for the weekend. Wish you a good planting season! cheers
--- the queen rules ----

Offline Rākau

• Aotearoa-the land of the long white cloud
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2019, 04:10:31 pm »
BJ that bow is a stunner, everything about it really speaks to me from the static tips to the bendy handle to the grouse tip overlays. Bows like this one are what inspire me and are where I want my designs to end up.

Offline airkah

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2019, 04:39:16 pm »
What a beautiful little bow, the tiller looks amazing!

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2019, 05:27:02 pm »
Nice bow and well named. 

Burnt Offering is the first bow I heat-treated and wrote about for PA in early 2000, it was an Elm recurve

Well done
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2019, 06:57:02 pm »
Thanks Don, I remember seeing a few really nice bendies you've done.

Simk this is strong medicine for me. I'd be going crazy without it. You can really see people starting to get depressed and grumpy from all this rainy weather. The sun did come out for awhile today though and my sugarbeets actually kinda like this yecky weather. Best of Luck with your country's planting season to.

NZnuka im honored that you are inspired by my bow. I understand as I have been inspired by so many others. ThankYou sir.

Airkah ThankYou, I hope your working on another of your creations. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Marc Thanks. I didn't realize that was the name you gave that Elm bow. It almost seems impossible, but I think I remember hearing that bow shot something like 245 fps? I would never have been able to heat treat it like that without inspiration from you. It really did perk up a already perky bow.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline rps3

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2019, 07:47:04 pm »
Another fantastic,  all around great looking bow.

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2019, 08:10:41 pm »
Ohh now i can say personally that this bow is AWESOME!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.