Author Topic: Should I remove the twist or not? -FD update  (Read 3231 times)

Offline Woodely

Re: Should I remove the twist or not? -FD update
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2019, 08:23:50 am »
I have never seen an FG recurve flip the string off,  but your bow is Organic. Well done.  (SH)
"Doing bad work is an exercise in futility, but honestly making mistakes is trying your best."

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2019, 09:45:27 am »
Thanks, all.  The process of shooting in continues. 
-DC - I'm not finished shaping yet. I will definitely reduce the statics more as I shoot it. Wood is Osage.

Side note- this is my first full Osage stave, and I'm amazed by how little weight it loses during the shoot in process. I'm used to my elm and hickory bows dropping 5lbs after shooting in and being braced for hours at a time (simulating hunting conditions). But this yellow wood doesn't seem to give up any weight.

Offline PatM

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2019, 10:46:08 am »
Looks good.  Nice to see you back at  it.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2019, 11:07:01 am »

Side note- this is my first full Osage stave, and I'm amazed by how little weight it loses during the shoot in process. I'm used to my elm and hickory bows dropping 5lbs after shooting in and being braced for hours at a time (simulating hunting conditions). But this yellow wood doesn't seem to give up any weight.

And now you get it :)

Osage is king!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.