Author Topic: A REQUEST FOR THE NEW FOLKS  (Read 114701 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: A REQUEST FOR THE NEW FOLKS
« Reply #210 on: December 21, 2008, 06:57:46 pm »
Dang another Troll :D Welcome to PA Josh, glad to have ya on board.

Troutbum Youv'e come to the right place good folk, don't hesitate to ask questions and welcome to PA :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline PeteC

« Reply #211 on: December 21, 2008, 08:06:21 pm »
Dana,I have been a member for quite a few years,and we did something like this one time on the old forum,but it's been a while.So, since a lot of y'all don't know me ,mainly because I only really started posting this last year,(got a digital camera).I'll do it again.Name's Pete,live 4 miles from Whitehouse ,Texas,(east Texas).I'm 51 years old,self-employed,and have been an active outdoorsman as long as I remember.I was given an ash longbow at 6 years old,and have enjoyed huntin'everything I can hunt with archery equipment  since then.I had quite a few years I hunted with glass recurves,but ,then about 10-11 years ago,(because of a lifetime dream),decided I wanted to build my own stuff,but,knew no one who had a clue about it.I found an ad somewhere for a small booklet called "For the first time bowyer",by Steve Hulsey.I got some boisd'arc,and went to work.My first bow was a good one,and I've been hooked ever since.I first found out about this site through the PA magazine.It is because of this site I have improved over the years,and I want to thank all those through the years who have influenced me,and run such an excellent site.THANKYOU!! I have always been helped on this site,and if I can help anyone, please ask.Merry Christmas,and God Bless
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 12:08:01 pm by PeteC »
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline DanaM

« Reply #212 on: December 22, 2008, 07:18:17 am »
Merry Christmas Pete :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline armymedic.2

« Reply #213 on: December 22, 2008, 07:33:12 am »
My name is Keith Gibson.  Im a black angus beef farmer back home in NY by albany, and a SGT medic in iraq now.  i have made four bows now, and am just starting see how much i have to learn.  Taking advantage of having time at night, and reading the website and bowyers bible series over and over.  been on here for more than a year now, and still seeing neat stuff every time i log on.  good stuff.- yes i have a subscription  ;D
Some say freedom is free, well i have to disagree-
some say freedom is won, by the barrel of a gun.

Lycanstar

« Reply #214 on: December 22, 2008, 12:10:40 pm »
my name is patrick ricker, and i'm new to primitive archery.  i live in cleveland, tn.  interested in medieval (and earlier) european weapons and warfare.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #215 on: December 22, 2008, 12:33:12 pm »
Welcome to PA Lycanstar, glad ya joined us :)

Manistique, MI

jonot05

« Reply #216 on: December 23, 2008, 12:42:02 am »
Hello all.
My name is Jonathan and I'm from New Zealand. I'm very new to all this. I haven't attempted to make a bow before and haven't' used one for awhile. I used to be a member of an archery club a couple of years back and have always had a desire to try and make a bow. Upon discovering that elm, i tree in relative abundance on my parents property can be used for making self long bows I found my Summer project. I will probably not be too active here, but when i start I'll keep you posted.
BTW, whats the difference between the PA Mag and The PA eMag?
Merry Christmas
Jono

Offline DanaM

« Reply #217 on: December 23, 2008, 11:29:35 am »
Welcome to PA Jonathan, when your ready to start just ask away were here to help.
The difference is the magazine is just that a magazine that comes bt regular mail and the emag is
a internet version.

Manistique, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #218 on: December 23, 2008, 05:17:26 pm »
Jonathan, The e-mag was started for people who live overseas and don't want to wait for the paper version to get there. 
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline ozarkcherrybow

« Reply #219 on: December 23, 2008, 10:07:41 pm »
Hi Ya'll- I'm Terry, living in Nw Arkansas.  I've been making selfbows for about 11 years now and have been venturing off in making arrows from rough stock and rivercane lately.  Last March, I gave a couple of demo's on straightening cane and making antler nocks at Ojam. Flint knapping has been about the most frustrating thing I have tried, but I'll keep at it.  I just love all the primitive skills and am absolutely impressed with the skills shown in Primitive archer!
  I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas.......Terry
any stick do for bow, but good arrows are damn heap work

Offline DanaM

« Reply #220 on: December 24, 2008, 07:38:31 am »
Glad you stopped Terry would love to see some pictures of your work :)

Manistique, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #221 on: December 24, 2008, 10:33:32 am »
Patrick, Jonathan, and Terry-welcome aboard, we're glad to have you here.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline PepeLep

• Just a common man
« Reply #222 on: December 24, 2008, 03:28:42 pm »
Just checking what it says at the bottom of my profile.
:D
Doug from Missouri

Offline chesjen

« Reply #223 on: December 29, 2008, 08:29:56 pm »
My name is Chester I am a attorney in Western North Carolina in between asheville and charlotte, live on the edge of Polk county on a tree farm. Been making bows for about two years, just selfbows, mostly osage from a friend in ohio, tried a few hickory and working on a red cedar now along with about ten osage staves, just cant seem to concentrate on just one at a time. I love this site, have lurked here and some of the other sites for a while, but this seems to be the best for what i am in to (selfbows and pictures of selfbows). I love this message board so much information and great ideas, hopefully i will be able to contribute at some point too.
"Some sweet Day"  Polk County NC

valknut

« Reply #224 on: December 29, 2008, 10:22:55 pm »
My name is Matthew.  I am a draughtsman, stonesman, artist and craftsman residing in San Francisco, CA, originally from Chicago, IL.  I wish to draw from this pool of on-line knowledge and resource, and should I become in any way useful, add to it.  Thank you all for your time and efforts.  :)

Strength and Light.