Author Topic: A REQUEST FOR THE NEW FOLKS  (Read 114687 times)

Offline david w.

Re: A REQUEST FOR THE NEW FOLKS
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2008, 10:08:42 pm »
El Destrusto me and Mr. Dorigon and the rest of the Italians(didnt you once mention your wife is half italian?) are in a plot for world domination ;D >:D
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2008, 10:10:10 pm »
                              The Wife is half Italian.....and half Canadian Chippewa Indian..talk about a Combination!!!!

::)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline david w.

« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2008, 10:13:54 pm »
That is quite a combination!

Offline Postman

« Reply #153 on: July 20, 2008, 02:31:29 pm »
El Destrusto me and Mr. Dorigon and the rest of the Italians(didnt you once mention your wife is half italian?) are in a plot for world domination ;D >:D

my grandfather was from Calabria - can I join the revolution? His name was "Postararia"  Which was changed to "Poster" at naturalization, hence "postman" as my handle, and my ability to kill poisinous snakes with my garlic-laced blood.  ;D

Now you know the rest of the story....
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline david w.

« Reply #154 on: July 20, 2008, 09:09:31 pm »
Ya your welcome to join in the revolution ;D 

My Italian roots are from Tuscany,Naples,and Sicilly.

OzTradBowhunter

« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2008, 12:24:22 am »
G'Day,
from the east coast of Australia ( Queensland ) , sorry... i'm not Italian but make a great pizza...  ;D

been playing with bows for a while now,on and off for many years actually, have taken a lot of game with bow back in the earley 80's  ,i just love it ;)

i am currently shooting a factory Longbow, but am 'dabbling" into the world of selfbows.  ;D
Regards,OTB  ;D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 03:25:37 am by OzTradBowhunter »

fireman_3311

« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2008, 10:51:54 pm »
Howdy, I'm Brad, from Marshall, Mo.....home of MoJam!!!!!  Figgered it was high time I signed up over here!!!!  Have been shootin trad for 10 yrs now, back in 1998, my then Captain at the local Fire Dept gave me 3 old American Archery recurves, and said, if you can use em, you can have em!!! I haven't turned back since!!!  I started my first selfbow last summer at MoJam, getting a Hickory stave to the floor tiller stage, then got too busy to finish it....But, the Bro in Law finished it for me over the winter, and I've been killin fish with it for a few weeks now!!!

Offline ballista

• freedom isnt free
« Reply #157 on: July 25, 2008, 04:28:10 pm »
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? i have no idea
lol sorry for breaking up the italian revolution :) btw greece is pretty dang close to italy if you need backup ;D (especially against turkey) -not rasist, if youve seen 300 you know what i mean
Walk slowly, with a big stick. -Ted Rosevelt.

Offline Postman

« Reply #158 on: July 27, 2008, 02:40:39 pm »
"Centi' anni " to All - (~ may you live 100 years...) Italian and non-Italians alike. Besides, most Italians have DNA from all over europe, mid-east, and North Africa, ect.... - seems to have been 1 or 2 conflicts there over the years ;D 
My Grandpa Salvatore even had Red hair! ???
In the book "The Sicillian" Puzo describes how each family traditionally painted a house based on early ancestry   - blue for norman, for example (I think...)  but trying to tell them They were not sicillian would have been ... a bit.... dicey..... ;D

Hey  - OZTrad....read somewhere on here y'all got introduced locust trees down there - good bow wood, they tell me - plus PLENTY of snakes for backing ;D

"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline Danny Roberts

« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2008, 01:56:42 pm »
Danny Roberts from the Bluegrass. I've made about 8 self bows and I have around 5 pieces of hickory dryin' down now. My favorite bow I've made so far is a 63 # mulberry I'll be hunting with this fall. Ya'll take care.
Kentucky

Offline DanaM

« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2008, 02:09:24 pm »
Welcome to PA Danny, do you have any pictures of your bows you care to share with us :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Denham Archer

« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2008, 06:14:25 pm »
Hello all.  Been lurkin' for a few days, and I thought I'd take the plunge.  I got interested in archery about 1972 when I found my fathers old Ben Pearson Deerslayer, hangin' from the joists in the cellar.  That Christmas my father bought me a little laminated recurve and pretty much have been interested on and off for 36 years. 

About 3 years ago I decided to start makin' bows.  I've made 6 bows and have gotten one shooter.  4 broke.  1 got so much limb twist, I gave up.  My 1 shooter is a red oak flat bow, 35lbs. @ 28 in.

I really appreciate this site.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2008, 07:12:02 am »
Welcome to PA Denham, with all the talented folks on here you will have access to hundreds of years of combuned experience :)
Time to make yourself another bow eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Denham Archer

« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2008, 11:43:20 am »
Welcome to PA Denham, with all the talented folks on here you will have access to hundreds of years of combuned experience :)
Time to make yourself another bow eh :)

Oh yeah.  I got some hickory, white oak, maple, and red oak boards just waitin'.   ;)

bilder

« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2008, 07:43:57 pm »
Howdy all,

Mike from Anchorage.  Just getting into archery with my kids and have been exploring the primitive side of things.  Money is tight so the appeal of making a bow for cheap is both fun and practical.   Currently have a Red Oak bow that I bought unfinished.  Put the final touches on it this week with some finishing and a leather grip.  35# @ 28 for the bow.  Also been working on an Atlatal as well. 

Hope to do some small game hunting this fall/winter with my girls.  We still need a lot of practice before we can hope to hit a bunny at 20 yards though.  ;D

This site is a wealth of information and I thank you all in advance for the knowledge you share.