Author Topic: Broadhead flight shoot  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Badger

Broadhead flight shoot
« on: June 04, 2018, 10:16:40 pm »
   I am getting excited as the first official Primitive Archery Society broadhead flight shoot gets closer. I have high expectations for this event for a lot of reasons. First of all we will be keeping a registry of shots, no one will be entered into the data list without their consent. The registry gives us an opportunity to establish ourselves in whatever style of bow we choose to work with. There will only be one winner and one record holder at any given time but hopefully we will see a fairly long list of accomplished bowyers.

Flight shooting for distance is not the same as shooting a bow through a chrono with a shooting machine, the fastest bow doesn't always win here. It requires a good release, a good arrow and a bow that lets the arrow come out cleanly. It takes a bit of practice to get the most out of your bow. Once records start to be established it is pretty safe to assume that all the above criteria has been met and with a fast bow. I know sports like in the Olympics they only show the top 3 places, we will be more like golf where we have a long list of competitors continually growing and we keep open a public Data base reflecting each bowyers running results in all classes unless we are instructed otherwise. This allows for one to use the flight field for a little practice and may enter any scores they want us to measure.

We also hope to bring this same venue to any of the primitive gatherings or archery clubs that would like to host us. We will have online training for potential officials so they can hold their own events.

I would like to thank the guys from PA here who have been on my committee and helped me immensely. Bowed has been my right hand man, kind of like the other 1/2 of me. Guy Dasher, Bob Barns, Aaron H and Willie have all contributed valuable input on getting this thing off the ground. AaronH is also creating the main trophys for the winners.

Looking forward to see you all here or at future events. Steve

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: Broadhead flight shoot
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 11:41:40 pm »
Looking forward to it!  I'll be shooting a bow made by some guy in California named Steve Gardner >:D. Sure hope I can do hm justice!  Especially since I haven't shot in any type of competition since 1970!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 11:54:28 pm »
Sounds good.It does'nt seem like much work yet.Your vision for the future looks good and more than what I would have imagined.I'm pretty sure once the shooting starts and on lookers watch more will go get their bows and see what's going on to participate.
Arrows are still a project here but I'm zeroing in on some that might serve me well.
That hickory you've got a D/R vision about is'nt the stave I sent you is it?
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 11:56:54 pm »
It's going to be a blast Steve!   (SH)
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 08:20:34 am »
Looking forward to it. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 09:08:56 am »
I'm getting excited about this event.  I also have high hopes for this to carry on to other events.  Thanks for all the work you guys have put into this already.

Offline willie

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 06:12:05 pm »
Good luck with the shoot, and remember to have fun with other stuff while you are there :)

Offline loefflerchuck

• www.heartwoodbows.com
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 11:06:11 pm »
Wish I could make it out for this but have little free time. I do have two days marked off for the Wendover shoot though.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 08:23:04 pm »
Love to see you at this shoot Chuck but can understand the lacking of free time.I know it would be a heck of a long drive for me to Wendover too.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 07:28:52 am »
Have fun. Sounds like a good time. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!