Author Topic: 1/2 thick osage  (Read 8757 times)

Offline david w.

1/2 thick osage
« on: March 23, 2008, 06:49:14 pm »
i have acess to a bunch of this. is it thick enough?
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: 1/2 thick osage
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 07:33:05 pm »
Boards?  yes!!! Shoots, give them a few more years. ;)    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 08:03:18 pm »
Like Pat said, if it is boards I would take it all day long.  I often take the 3/4" boards and rip them in half before I back them with boo just so I can make one more bow.  ;D  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline david w.

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 08:06:17 pm »
sorry should of been specific. its boards our friends sawmill has TONS of it and he has TONS more uncut osage on his property

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 08:20:45 pm »
                    Get all you can David...and then have them rip you some Hickory Backing Strips while they are at it!!!

;D ;D >:D ;D ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 09:12:52 pm »
david you do remember that I'm yer bestest friend eh ;) ;D

You have trade goods now ;D Lets talk :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline david w.

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 12:26:56 am »
dana if your my bestest friend prove it.  what my favorite website?(only real friends know this ;D)

thats what i was thinking. I need a nice quiver ;D

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 03:07:15 am »
www.PrimitiveArcher.com   .... RIGHT???     Now you just send that Board to Stinnett, Texas!!!! And I'll be your Bestest Yooper Freind
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 09:09:35 am »
www.PrimitiveArcher.com   .... RIGHT???     Now you just send that Board to Stinnett, Texas!!!! And I'll be your Bestest Yooper Freind

Dang poacher :o ;)

Sorry david no quivers to apare at the moment.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 09:14:25 am »
                     See you shouldnt go to bed before the Sun....this Osage Board could have had your Name on it
                                                                             >:D >:D

But I bet David would Trade You for a Quiver too!!!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline david w.

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 12:58:00 pm »
ding ding ding yankee is right
i got two huge boards with enough wood for 8 bows but it was all that was there because the guy sold most of it :'( and the wood has cracks so i could pull 2-3 bows out of this so i am happy and i have many handles and tip overlays now. and its free

he said once they get some more i could get some

Offline DanaM

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 02:03:53 pm »
Free is my favorite wood David, now ya need some hickory backings and yer in business.

Yankeee I stayed up until 9:30 last night ::)

Manistique, MI

Offline snedeker

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 04:52:35 pm »
It would be interesting to know what the thickness ratio of early to late growth is in the rings.  Could make a diff in how you use it.  Optimal is a thin layer of lighter colored tissue and a much thicker layer of dark colored tissue.

Dave

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 11:19:51 pm »
Yankee I stayed up until 9:30 last night ::)

Wow...how did you manage that!!!! I was still posting on here at like 1:30....and I get up at 5:00 to get ready for work.....My Body hates to sleep....I will get enough when I am dead!!!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 02:39:30 am »
Yankee I stayed up until 9:30 last night ::)

Wow...how did you manage that!!!! I was still posting on here at like 1:30....and I get up at 5:00 to get ready for work.....My Body hates to sleep....I will get enough when I am dead!!!
Sounds like teenage mentality there.  I have no desire to do that any more. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah