Author Topic: bow for 2 kills'  (Read 6180 times)

Offline michbowguy

Re: bow for 2 kills'
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 03:11:07 am »
i tried to darken the bow the best i could, but that elm is like a beacon of white light!

i got it darker but not much. i am done using all the crap at the paint stores and home depot.

i sewed up handle tonite,and i reached right past the barge cement and used my sticky batch of resin and used it to secure handle tight before i stiched it up.

if i had more time i would make a natural string but i just want to get josiah his bow.

mbg.

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 10:09:41 pm »
whos two kills? ;D hawks son? :)
Modern Day Tramp

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 10:15:00 pm »
Yeah he is my youngest son Josiah... got the new name this winter shen he shot two rabbits one right after the other.... sure wish i could shoot like him ;D ;D
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Badger

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 10:36:07 pm »
Hawk, when I was about 11 yrs old I had been hunting jack rabbits almost everyday for the past 3 years. I had yet to kill one. I flung a lot of arrows and killed a few possums but never a jack. One day two jacks came out of a bush and headed opposite directions, I nailed both of them, best day of my life, I can relate to the boy. Steve

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 10:57:25 pm »
Steve , those  kind of days are what keeps us going out there... not only the kill .. but the chance to test ourselves and our skills in the wild places .. thanks for sharing your story brother.. Hawk..a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston