Author Topic: Reheating Hedge & re acclamation ?  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Stick Bender

Reheating Hedge & re acclamation ?
« on: July 09, 2017, 04:17:27 am »
Hi Fellas This a stave I got from Clint a while back it's been ruffed down and stored inside at a average RH of 40% ,sense winter my RH hasn't  been above 40 % inside this year I straitened a whoopitidoo & a stubborn deflexed fade & heat treated both limbs I plan on heating in some reflex at some point in the tiller , I have put a lot of heat to this stave at different times & Im storing it in the shop for a week at higher humidity & going to let it reaclamate for 2 weeks before tiller , I was wondering for you guys that work with Hedge a lot how many times is typical that you can get away reheating Hedge ?
If you fear failure you will never Try !

Offline Stick Bender

Re: Reheating Hedge & re acclamation ?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 04:18:24 am »
Whoopitidoo  left limb & reflexed fade

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 09:05:15 am »
Not the whole bow ...but I have heated areas 3-4 time before to get the alignment I want.
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Stick Bender

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 09:29:55 am »
Ok thanks Dbar  in the non working part I wouldn't worry but I was thinking of shimming that left fade in the pic farther out to get it straiter but have already heated it twice with out it budging I would like to get it straiter but probably just leave it be !

Offline Badger

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 09:35:34 am »
  Hedge is such a forgiving wood, I am not shy about making heat adjustments as many times as I need to make them. I don't usually wait to reacclimate more than a day or so.