Author Topic: Bear Camp  (Read 4424 times)

Offline JEB

Re: Bear Camp
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2017, 05:27:43 pm »
Dave, my son and I drew first season Amasa.  Have a couple of farms to hunt along with a couple of old stand by's. I only use grease to pour around our ground baits.  Bear walk in the grease and drag the scent away. We hope that other bears will run across the scent and follow it to our baits. I never pour grease on the bait.  We use sweets for bait.  The can of milk is a good idea that we will try this year. Probably pour it on bread from the brad store.

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2017, 08:01:25 pm »
If I heat up some bacon in the woods, I'd probably eat before the bear got there, and if big foot wants some he's getting a stone arrowhead through the ribcage. Bigfoot back straps...wrapped in bacon :o :o.

Tattoo Dave

Sounds tasty!  -C-
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2017, 07:09:21 am »
Good luck Dave, look forward to hearing the stories. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 08:12:32 pm »
Hope you kill a big one Dave.

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2017, 01:31:38 pm »
Had a ranger tell me that they do bear counts for population numbers, Put out cameras and punch holes in a sardine can, then hang it several feet in the air out of a bears reach. The oils and smell drip and attract the bears. Maybe other critters also. Guess if you get hungry you could eat the sardines....Good Luck!!
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes