Author Topic: lowes bow(pictures)!!!  (Read 12046 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: lowes bow.
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 10:51:12 pm »
Can't wait to see em guys "IN HIGH RESOLUTION" :D - I have a few boards in diff stages in the corner, just need to gittem done.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline david w.

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 11:08:16 pm »
HIGH RESOLUTION! ;D

See who says youth of today don't listen to their elders.  ;)

thats right i respect my elders ;D

i almost typed HIGH DEFINITION because i havent looked at the Christmas trade in a while but o well everything is HD anyway ;D
i wonder what an HD bow would look like ???
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 11:11:20 pm »
yankee. i figured that too so i am gonna shave er done a good bit
Modern Day Tramp

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 11:50:56 pm »
I have one Red Oak Oneida Style Bow...that is 70 pounds....it was perfectly tillered....and it is still in one piece...but I am waiting for it to self-destruct one day....quite a Bit of Stress for Red Oak...at least in my opinion it is....good luck with it...and get those Pictures comming....I know Dana...he's chomping at the Bit!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2008, 11:59:06 pm »
yeah mine for tllering im not sure. but it looks pretty good. i cant really get 70 pounds back anyway. probably shave it down to 55, too much ya think?
Modern Day Tramp

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 01:34:16 am »
I myself....I would shoot for the 45-50 pound range....a lot less chance of it breaking...but then it depends on how clear the Board was too....how much run-off...what grain it was...edge...biased... conventional...or Decrowned....I prefer Biased or edged grain myself for the Bow Styles that I build ...if I am going with a Board Bow
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 07:58:57 am »
Still waiting........ ::)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008, 08:33:56 am »
Congrats on the new bow,can't wait to see it.  :) High resolution Please.  ;) ;D ;D
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 07:59:06 pm »
i probably should have posted this this weekend. i wont get the camera till....monday. :-X the board was straight grained. i am gonna take it down to about 50. i was scraping today and i couldnt get an exact weight. the string slipped from the notch on my tree and ripped across my arm. so i had to kinda gues earlier. but i will post pics in a few days so you guys can give me some help on the tiller.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline huntertrapper

Re: lowes bow(pictures)!!!
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 10:19:22 pm »
some pics... tiller is off... obviously though least i can say is it shoots pretty well.. first bow too.. suggestions? now 50 pounds at my 21 or 22 inch draw. unstrung laying on the new issue that came today.. its great.. ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Modern Day Tramp

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 10:22:17 pm »
all i need to do now is after sugg. finish tiller.. sand and round edges and nocks and rub down with bacon grease maybe 2 or 3 good coats ;D
Modern Day Tramp

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 10:26:49 pm »
If your flinging arras with it ht, I would say that you've got yerself a succesfull first attemp. Tiller will improve with every new project :). My first one blew up on me - man that hurts :-X.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 10:38:56 pm »
Do Me a Favor...take some more off the Top and Bottom Limbs and get them bending more from Mid Limb out....that is a scary thought.....thinking it may blow on you

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 10:44:24 pm by yankeemongiat »
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 10:41:42 pm »
yes i will thanks. and i kinda get scared when i first drew on it. but i shot probably 10 shots till i got er shootin well and then tillered a bit more and then shot it till i felt comfortable. ;D
Modern Day Tramp

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 11:35:24 pm »
Looking good , its just time and patients, go slow don't rush your doing good my first exploded
                                                                        Dennis
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's