Author Topic: Cool gifts  (Read 2411 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Cool gifts
« on: December 28, 2016, 08:35:11 am »
The last few Christmas' my oldest sons girlfriends father and I make and exchange gifts. Last year he got a mini osage bow and arrows and I got a tin full of hand made soap, love that stuff. This year he got a skunk/fox hat I made and I got a half dozen of the coolest slip bobbers ever. They are made from wine corks and plastic sucker sticks he got at a craft store. The bodies are shaped by hand with sand paper, then dipped in paint. He dipped the whole bobber in poly to seal it up and harden it up. They are too cool. I'm sure I will try my hand at a few.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Cool gifts
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 08:40:23 am »
Those are very cool gifts.  We need an action picture with a fat bluegill on the line.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 08:45:45 am »
Those are just 2 cool. Gonna show my daughter these. She collects bobbers and got over 200. I'm sure she will want to make some for her collection.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 08:52:52 am »
Your daughter and I have something in common. I have an huge collection from cool bobbers to junk bobbers, but they are ALL mine! I kayak a good amount and grab every snagged bobber I pass.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 09:27:06 am »
Very cool hand made gifts.    8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 09:51:41 am »
It never ceases to amaze me all of the cool hand made things I see here.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 10:12:26 am »
Those are too cool

Offline bubby

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 10:23:48 am »
Those are very cool pearlie, nothing better than homemade gifts with meaning
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 10:39:32 am »
My dad once made floats similar to those. Your pic brought back more than a few memories!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 10:49:06 am »
Cool enough Chris.Nice to have someone at those holiday gatherings you can talk thing with.Unless they like football too.....lol.
Robin and me took sooooo much over run food home.Left just as much there too!!!We've got left overs for 2 weeks.....lol.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline TrevorM

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 12:35:55 pm »
Those are very cool. I love the idea of using old corks too. I might have to give that a try.
Trevor

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 01:09:19 pm »
Very Cool Pearl, like how he used what would all be wasted materials to make a very appropriate hand made gift for you. Good thing the Lions played on Monday night, at least the 1st half was entertaining
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 02:26:35 pm »
Those are really nice.

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2016, 03:37:01 pm »
Your daughter and I have something in common. I have an huge collection from cool bobbers to junk bobbers, but they are ALL mine! I kayak a good amount and grab every snagged bobber I pass.

Pearl her only rule on bobbers is no new ones from stores. We also canoe and kayak and that's where 90% of her collection has came from.

Offline selfbow joe

• 1-812-344-1590
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2016, 03:49:33 pm »
Very nice gift