Author Topic: Social media question  (Read 2860 times)

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
Re: Social media question
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2016, 10:39:46 am »
I'm a primitive IT guy.

I manage a data center and build websites as a side business, but don't have facebook or instagram or any of that. : )

If you're looking to sell your game calls the best route is to set up an etsy shop and advertise them on reddit. It's really easy, there's no Facebook drama involved, and it takes about 20 minutes to configure.

I'm happy to help out.

Offline TrevorM

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2016, 03:10:53 pm »
It's worth noting that there's a difference between a personal account and a (business) page. Pages have followers, you'll only get messages from followers if they post it to your page. You won't get their posts and so there shouldn't be much drama.

As for a website. Think about if and how it could benefit you, advertising/orders/sales etc. Then think about if it would be worth it, it'll most likely cost you something to set it up and running cost. Even if you can get it for free they'll be the time it'll take.
Trevor

Offline bow101

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2016, 04:22:14 pm »
Sorry Dave, the only social media I'm on is the PA site
Bjrogg

Same here BJ!   I would rather look at bows and arrows than read about everybody's drama.

:laugh:  +3.  I know a lot of business people show their Facebook link online, they post all positive comments, negative comments are deleted by the owner.  Having said that, bull shit is bull shit.

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2016, 07:30:07 pm »
Thanks fellas. The game calls are at this point just a hobby, or I guess you could call it a side job.

The info I was hoping to gain is, what kind of presence on social media there is of what would be my target market. AKA, you guys, and other hunters. I am on Facebook already, have been for years. Doesn't seem like the crowd I would be interested in maintaining a social media site for, but I could pick and choose my followers.

Just weighing out whether or not it's worth it. I think I may start out with one social media outlet and see how it goes before I jump into multiple ones.

Anyway, thanks for the input!

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI