Author Topic: Molle tips  (Read 2819 times)

Offline DC

Re: Molle tips
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 09:27:10 pm »
I did a little test here a while ago. You may remember, I rifle drilled a piece of OS so I could put a thermometer in it while doing some heat testing. One thing I noticed was if I put a fan on it while it was cooling a piece of wood that was heated to charring cooled to room temp in a little less than an hour.

Offline DC

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2016, 02:14:01 pm »
OK back to this. I have the bow shot in, alignment is good. Now I want to thin the tips as much as I can get away with. Do I take a scrape or two off each side of each lever, put it on the tree and check to see if the levers are bending. Draw the bow to check string alignment is still good. Repeat until something starts to move and then stop. Or should I do a few scrapes and then shoot some shots to work it a bit and then continue on. Which normally moves first, leaver bend or string alignment? Or do I maybe want the tips to bend a touch. I've been working under the assumption that a Molle's levers are non bending.

Offline bubby

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2016, 10:22:53 pm »
Unless i bend statics on mine the bigger hooks bend just a scosh. I have been making mine a triangular cross section lately with the point on the belly side
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline loon

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2016, 11:07:10 pm »
Unless i bend statics on mine the bigger hooks bend just a scosh. I have been making mine a triangular cross section lately with the point on the belly side
Reminds me of Korean bows..