Author Topic: From the stand  (Read 50419 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: From the stand
« Reply #150 on: November 22, 2016, 10:02:01 am »
My brother got a 7 point Saturday and his son got a nice 8 Sunday. Both where running around chasing doe. They both have a lot of trail cameras up and said they didn't have any pictures of these bucks that the both just moved in. They both hunt deferent woods 12 miles apart. I'm still looking for my 4 points on one side buck to give me a shot. The doe are super spooky now though and don't come out much, when they do they are on nervous
Bjrogg
PS Ed I hope so. Where both still hunting. If don't get one by Thanksgiving might have to start stalking
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #151 on: November 22, 2016, 10:13:43 am »
Clint it usually don't start the 2nd rut until about a month after the first here, they say the doe that don't get bred the first time will come back in heat in 28 days along with the fawn doe from last year and that will keep on until they are all bred or the bucks loose their horns. Seems to work that way, there will be another smaller rut mid December here. This time is what we call the post rut, you will see buck moving around but will see them feeding also which you don't see when it is really going.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #152 on: November 23, 2016, 04:54:34 am »
Had a small 6 or 7 point  ;) come in below me 50 or so yards and bed down about 3pm, he stayed there
until about 4:30 a doe came in and off he went after her, so they are still interested. ;) Also had a flock of 14 Long beards come feeding below me headed North and just before dark they showed back up and roosted in the oaks 40 yards North of me, love to be there this morning to hear and see them fly down. seen something I have never seen, 2 Fox Squirrels mating, guess it's something in the air or just that time of year for all the critters.  ;) ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2016, 04:10:47 am »
Had a great day in the stand yesterday, it was a beautiful sunset and seen lots of Deer, 7 doe and 2 bucks, 1 pretty nice buck and they are chasing again. It will be short lived if it is like it usually is in mid December but I will enjoy it while it last.  ;) :) Tough to get them close enough this time of year but a lot of fun to watch and hope. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2016, 05:55:46 am »
I didn't get to hunt this year so I really appreciate all you guys pics of the woods  :)... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2016, 07:23:13 am »
Nice pictures Pappy.  Looks like you have the winter beard on.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #156 on: December 14, 2016, 07:30:35 am »
Thought that was Santa up in that tree at 1st glance Pappy. Good Luck and Happy Hunting thanks for the pictures
Bjrogg

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #157 on: December 14, 2016, 10:00:10 am »
Looks like fun Pappy.Good luck to ya.I'm not through yet here either.Been seeing plenty of does.Got turkeys roosting here to that I hear.Better make meat a priority.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #158 on: December 21, 2016, 04:26:05 am »
Decided to hunt the woods yesterday instead of the fields I have been hunting, seeing lots of deer in the fields but seeing is all I can do , so I decided to go back in the wood and see if I could catch them as they come out, just as I thought they are bedded close to the fields and I bumped several getting in to the stand. O well maybe next time. ;) It was burr cold also yesterday but a beautiful day. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #159 on: December 21, 2016, 08:28:59 am »
Put a good arrow in a big doe last night.Broadside double lung looked like to me from a blind.Just the feathers sticking out at the entry with the rest out the other side.Robin and me followed the blood trail after a few hours for a good hundred yards into a logged sidehill that was a jungle.It played out.We decided to look today in the daylight.She's going down hill to a bottom with a wooded wash.Hope the coyotes don't get her.100% sure she's dead somewhere.Should have pappys' dog.....lol.
BowEd
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #160 on: December 21, 2016, 08:34:44 am »
Good Luck Ed I sure hope you find her before the coyotes do.
Bjrogg

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #161 on: December 21, 2016, 09:05:49 am »
Yea me too bjrogg.
Looks like you got a little snow too pappy.We did up here too.Coldest it got was -10 F air temp. but has gotten milder lately.Shootin good with insulated gloves lately?I have been.As long as the wind stays down it's not too bad.
BowEd
Ed

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #162 on: December 21, 2016, 09:31:08 am »
That looks cold Pappy.

Good luck with the recovery Beadman.  Keep us posted.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #163 on: December 21, 2016, 09:40:41 am »
Good luck with the search Ed. Snow could make the look a lot tougher. If she is hit where you think she shouldn't be far from last blood you found. They can go a long way even hit good if they are going down hill especially. :) Ya Clint it was pretty cold, today we have freezing fog, looks like it is snowing around here, very damp and cold but is supposed to warm a bit over the next few days.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #164 on: December 21, 2016, 10:56:18 am »
We had the same thing last night Pappy.  Everything was white this morning but no snow.  It's supposed to warm up to 45 today.  I might go hunting for some osage trees.  I've been cooped up in my workshop for the last month.  I need to stretch my legs a little.