Author Topic: 42  (Read 3072 times)

Online sleek

« on: September 24, 2016, 02:52:31 am »
I have the answer to life

Though I dont deserve the oxygen I breath, my God always has helped me when I need it. Though I fear I am always the prodigal son. This time I have to myself has given me much oportunity to think, dangerous as that past time seems to be, I have done plenty of it. 

I have always been very good at barely getting by. By that I mean, while the future was always bleak we never were faced without what we needed, though we had to get creative at times. I am always looking forward to the big break, to finally be successful. But then two days ago, I tried to imagine what it would be like, to have all I need, a good job, a savings account, a full fridge  ( a place to put the fridge), and more than a few changes of clothes for my son, shoes without holes in them, an address...

All these wonderful thoughts, but then, well.... exactly that. Then what? I have spent my entire adult life, one crisis to the next, one disaster and then another, when times were good, I was so stressed about them ending I could never enjoy them.  If times ever get stable and good for me, I dont know what to do. If i knew they were permanent, like I get rich or something, I would get very bored and depressed.  I only know how to struggle. I dont know how to be successful.

So I thought to myself and to God. What, what if I have not been successful for that very reason? Surely I am not here to just exist then die. What is my usefulness? And the thought came to me, if ever I am able to finally be able to constantly without struggle, care for my family, I will struggle for those who cant. My closest family, the people on this planet I feel most commected to the moment we meet, have always been veterans. I will work to make their lives better.

Tonight I was walking around walmart bored because work got off early today. I walked out of walmart after buying a discount pumkin pie and a little bottle of milk ( im a fat giy who works hard dont judge ).  I was walking out behind an air force captain and crossing the parking lot when a car stopped behind me and the driver called out to me.

"Excuse me! Sir, are you a vet?" Well, of course I am, so I replied with a yes sir. He asked me if I could help him out, he was a vet headed from the oklahoma city VA to salina, and didnt have the gas to make it, and would I mind helping him out. He was an older gentleman, and didnt very much like asking for help, but obviously needed it. The VA has forms to fill out to pay you back tje cost kf driving but he didnt realise he wouldnt be reimbursed that day, that it would be weeks, and he was on social security and struggling. I told him, after asking to see his VA card ( people do lie about that, and deserve a swift kick in the teeth ), Kd help him out. We went to the station, I filled his car up, he thanked me very much and said he didnt need that much just enough to get home. I told him I was miking it my mission in life to help vets and I am honored to help him.

Guys, helping people always makes you feel good, and it is an honor to be in a postion of ability to help. But now, I think I know why I am here, and I dont believe it is any coincidence that within days of praying, this fellow out of the blue asks me if I am a veteran, that he is too, and needs help. I am honored to be able to and pray I will always and be able to do more.

I hope this isnt too religious, though I doubt it. Wasnt really discussing religion, only basis for my thoughts.

Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Will Tell

Re: 42
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 05:15:56 am »
Nice, we're here to help, you'll be rewarded ten fold.

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 06:02:04 am »
That's some great stuff sleek. Remember our purpose in life is to glorify God and be fruitful.  Sounds like you was being fruitful to me . Even if you didn't say anything about the father ,son or holy spirit to him. It showed through your actions.

Offline Lumberman

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 06:48:12 am »
That's cool man, "all the law and the prophets are summed up in this". You are meant to have peace and love. You do have a purpose. It is the offspring of being in that purpose (the greatest commandment and the second one like it) that we find the true peace. Praying for you.
If you end up in southeast iowa I can hire you out here until you want to move on.  Maybe you could show me a little better this magical practice you all call tillering

Offline bubby

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 12:13:00 pm »
Sleek you are alright i don't care what anyone says😋
You just keep slogging along things will get better my friend, some of us just are tested more than others
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline helmet

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 04:19:45 pm »
Thank you for sharing that Sleek.

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 07:09:35 pm »
Shalom.

(From wikipedia)

The webbing together of God, humans, and all creation in justice, fulfillment, and delight is what the Hebrew prophets call shalom. We call it peace but it means far more than mere peace of mind or a cease-fire between enemies. In the Bible, shalom means universal flourishing, wholeness and delight – a rich state of affairs in which natural needs are satisfied and natural gifts fruitfully employed, a state of affairs that inspires joyful wonder as its Creator and Savior opens doors and welcomes the creatures in whom he delights. Shalom, in other words, is the way things ought to be.
Steve Bennett

Offline Zuma

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 08:51:56 pm »
I have the answer to life

Though I dont deserve the oxygen I breath, my God always has helped me when I need it. Though I fear I am always the prodigal son. This time I have to myself has given me much oportunity to think, dangerous as that past time seems to be, I have done plenty of it. 

I have always been very good at barely getting by. By that I mean, while the future was always bleak we never were faced without what we needed, though we had to get creative at times. I am always looking forward to the big break, to finally be successful. But then two days ago, I tried to imagine what it would be like, to have all I need, a good job, a savings account, a full fridge  ( a place to put the fridge), and more than a few changes of clothes for my son, shoes without holes in them, an address...

All these wonderful thoughts, but then, well.... exactly that. Then what? I have spent my entire adult life, one crisis to the next, one disaster and then another, when times were good, I was so stressed about them ending I could never enjoy them.  If times ever get stable and good for me, I dont know what to do. If i knew they were permanent, like I get rich or something, I would get very bored and depressed.  I only know how to struggle. I dont know how to be successful.

So I thought to myself and to God. What, what if I have not been successful for that very reason? Surely I am not here to just exist then die. What is my usefulness? And the thought came to me, if ever I am able to finally be able to constantly without struggle, care for my family, I will struggle for those who cant. My closest family, the people on this planet I feel most commected to the moment we meet, have always been veterans. I will work to make their lives better.

Tonight I was walking around walmart bored because work got off early today. I walked out of walmart after buying a discount pumkin pie and a little bottle of milk ( im a fat giy who works hard dont judge ).  I was walking out behind an air force captain and crossing the parking lot when a car stopped behind me and the driver called out to me.

"Excuse me! Sir, are you a vet?" Well, of course I am, so I replied with a yes sir. He asked me if I could help him out, he was a vet headed from the oklahoma city VA to salina, and didnt have the gas to make it, and would I mind helping him out. He was an older gentleman, and didnt very much like asking for help, but obviously needed it. The VA has forms to fill out to pay you back tje cost kf driving but he didnt realise he wouldnt be reimbursed that day, that it would be weeks, and he was on social security and struggling. I told him, after asking to see his VA card ( people do lie about that, and deserve a swift kick in the teeth ), Kd help him out. We went to the station, I filled his car up, he thanked me very much and said he didnt need that much just enough to get home. I told him I was miking it my mission in life to help vets and I am honored to help him.

Guys, helping people always makes you feel good, and it is an honor to be in a postion of ability to help. But now, I think I know why I am here, and I dont believe it is any coincidence that within days of praying, this fellow out of the blue asks me if I am a veteran, that he is too, and needs help. I am honored to be able to and pray I will always and be able to do more.

I hope this isnt too religious, though I doubt it. Wasnt really discussing religion, only basis for my thoughts.
Sleek,
With all due respect. If you have the answer to life you would have
noticed that LIFE has never ask even one question.
That being said, I have no problem embracing your thoughts
and possible solutions.
Here is a stopper for your future success " Looking forward to the next big break"
You might as well wish in one hand and poop in the other and see which hand
fills up first. You need to get front and center and make thing happen.
You were given that oxygen for free, don't waste it.
From reading your post I don't think you will.
Vietnam 66-67
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 08:59:01 pm »
No one in here would ever think to question your generosity, brother.  I've been a recipient of that generosity and found inspiration in it.  I'm proud of you and your friendship.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 09:03:24 pm »
Tis better to give than receive.  God bless you Kevin.  And also a big thank you to all the other veterans out there.

Online sleek

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 01:01:30 pm »
Guys, I appreciate the kind words and support. I am really flattered and kinda speachless ( says the man taking the soap box ). I really wasnt expecting anyone to even reply, a d thought it was kind of a dumb post but needed to write this down to help gather my own thoughts about it all. Nothing allows you to think deeper on a subject than to write it down.

I was worried it would be viewed as a banned topic, or a hey man, look at me type thing. I certainly didnt expect to be backed up. Thank you guys. I always knew I was in a good crowd of company here, never doubted it. Sometimes though, its nice to have affirmation.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 11:37:29 am »
The sentiments you expressed knows no denomination or faith, these are universal Truths whether called as said before Shalom, or Tao, this is the essence of being. May the strength and wisdom of Odin walk with you upon your journey in equal measure!

Offline DC

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 11:51:28 am »
You don't need to be religious to do a good deed. Or to feel good about it :D :D

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 12:02:53 pm »
You don't need to be religious to do a good deed. Or to feel good about it :D :D

This is true. Being a great person is far more about that struggle that it is being wealthy. I have often times wondered what it would be like to be rich. I came to this conclusion. I love fishing because there is the chance of the "Big one", same with hunting. If I were to go on guided fishing trips and catch 25 pound trout all day long I would lose the appreciation of working hard for no sure return.

I try to be mindful that we are all facing some sort of struggle, all the time. Whether it is money, Health, family, or really whatever. We are all people, and we all fall in the bucket of crap sometimes. It is in how we decide to pull ourselves out of that bucket that is important.

Being kind feels good, and most of the time it is free.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline JonW

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 05:38:27 pm »
Kevin with an attitude like that you are already rich my brother. Glod bless you and your family.