Author Topic: Christmas Trade Pics.  (Read 89846 times)

Offline TrevorM

Re: Christmas Trade Pics.
« Reply #390 on: January 02, 2017, 01:21:43 am »
Yes exactly. The front was dampened, stretched over the mold clamped and let dry. It's veg tan goat leather, it was the first time I'd worked with it. I'll definitely use it again. Here's a couple of pics I took in the process.
Trevor

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #391 on: January 02, 2017, 07:50:28 am »
Trapper Rob asked me to post these pictures for him.  I'll let him fill you in on the details.   It looks like you guys are having a great trade this year. 

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #392 on: January 02, 2017, 08:40:13 am »
Thanks for showing that process Trevor.It sure does hold the shape good.That had to take some precise measuring to get that right.
TrapperRob....I'm gonna quess HHB?????Nice tiller.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #393 on: January 02, 2017, 12:41:42 pm »
Got this sweet bow from PD it's oceanspray with rat snake on it. It really spits an arrow out. Thanks again Chris I love it.

Offline bubby

« Reply #394 on: January 02, 2017, 12:46:47 pm »
Your a lucky man Robbie i have a pearly bow it's one prized possession
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #395 on: January 02, 2017, 12:57:34 pm »
Can definitely see how that could turn a bad day into a good one😊. Good Luck with those heifers Rob. When we milked cows I spent all day all winter taking care of them always wondered how we got everything that needed to be done in the summer done. Sure was nice when we could put them in the pasture in the spring.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #396 on: January 02, 2017, 10:12:20 pm »
I know what you mean BJ this Jan. 31st will be 3 years since we sold the milk cows they went your way since then we been getting all the newborn calves from another farmer & raising replacement heifers for him & raise the steers for beef. I thought after the cows left I would have more time man was I wrong I think I've got more work now then when we milked. Did head count the other day with steers heifers & newborns there's about 700 animals here.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #397 on: January 02, 2017, 10:55:37 pm »
Hey Rob, nice lookin bow , For some reason I thought you lived in Harrisburgh, I mean like downtown city, Dang 700 head of live stock is serious job, I can only imagine when a waterline freezes and they all start bawling for a drink. Lookin at pictures of your place and noticed something missing, where is your snow :o :o ;D, I'll try and send ya some. Bob

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #398 on: January 03, 2017, 03:01:37 am »
WOW!!!  You all do real good stuff!  I read the whole post and I am impressed with the variety of skills.  Uwe,
Your bead work is great, I've strung a few, and have some Native American friends who do beads.  You do good work!  TimothyR, keep painting -I would like to have one of your works;  all the bows, arrows, and leather works are superb.  I am renewing my skills but will try to get into the next go'round, I do some nice redwood boxes, I think.  Congratulations to all, and Happy New Year!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Stringman

« Reply #399 on: January 03, 2017, 08:43:03 pm »
Made it home from work and found a pleasant lookin little box layin on the porch. Of course my wife chose to keep her little secret instead of calling me at work and informing me early. Thank you Russ for the very nice set of arrows and bow quiver. I can't wait to put them through a bow and watch em fly. I will freely admit how I don't like making arrows so this gift is spot on and I appreciate the thoughtfulness it demonstrates. Merry Christmas!

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #400 on: January 03, 2017, 09:34:03 pm »
nice arrows and quiver!

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #401 on: January 03, 2017, 10:08:31 pm »
Those look like some sweet arrows and a nice quiver too Scott. What's not to like about making arrows? More fun hitting rocks I guess. I kinda know what you mean but a bow ain't much good without good arrows.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #402 on: January 04, 2017, 01:29:04 pm »
Very happy you like them, Scott.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!!!!!!!!

Russ

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #403 on: January 04, 2017, 11:36:44 pm »
Got a package from trapper rob!!   The contents were some excellently hand forged campfire utensils. Including a fire poker, forked cooking stick. pot lid lifter, steel striker, and I think a paint can opening tool(which is fitting for my occupation)?? They had lots of swirls and twists and were quite elegant. Thanks rob I'll put them to good use. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow.
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline Swamp Thang

« Reply #404 on: January 05, 2017, 06:37:10 am »
So I tried my best  made my first Atlatl dart. It is a take down sorry I look like a hobo, but I am in a rush to get this and the box to the owner.