Author Topic: My prototype quiver and accessories  (Read 3289 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
My prototype quiver and accessories
« on: September 02, 2016, 12:57:33 pm »
Some of you may have seen the start of my quiver at Marshall, it has evolved into something I really like. All hides are just raw fur scraped really good and dried really good just like a fur buyer would want them. Arrows held in a mink fur in keeps them quiet, protected and you can turn it upside down and they won't fall out. Stone blade knike in muskrat hide with rattler of the tip, atached to quiver. I was always looking for my finger tab so I put a wood Toggle to store it. I really like everything about it, it's a side quiver only thing I don't like is the strap it's just an old tilering string
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: My prototype quiver and accessories
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 12:58:54 pm »
One more

Ruddy Darter

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 01:26:34 pm »
Nice job Bjrogg, that looks very cool. I really like the fixed sheaf and and knapped knife  8).

Ruddy.

Offline le0n

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 01:31:36 pm »
very, very nice.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 02:57:16 pm »
BJ this whole primitive thing grabbed a hold of you hard! Nice quiver work. It will do all you need it to.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 03:10:13 pm »
bjrogg, very nice quiver and I like how you attached your tab holder and knife sheath ;D,  a word of warning bugs will eat all the hair off at the roots and leave you with just a holey rawhide unless tanned or some kind of mothballs :o :o. Be vigilant, Bob

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 04:37:00 pm »
Thanks Ruddy, I like that everything is all together less likely for this old fart to forget something I really need. Thanks le0n for the kind words. Yea Pearl I did kinda get bit, maybe it's cause I always wanted to be the Indian when we played cowboys and Indians as kids. Thanks Outback I know bugs can ruin my hides, I have had really good luck keeping them over for a year and selling them in the past, I think if you're gonna keep em over you really have to have them scrapped good no fat or meat for the bugs. I think this year I'm going to get a bunch of tanning stuff and do a bunch of hides for this kinda stuff
Bjrogg

Offline bubby

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 06:54:19 pm »
Veey cool , very primitive looking kit 😉
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Zuma

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 07:54:50 pm »
Sweet. Nice concepts and work. :)
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 09:40:18 pm »
Thanks Bubby, it does have a real primitive look and its function suits my needs well. My wife really like the way it looks. Thanks Zuma, necessity is the mother of invention and I've always enjoyed trying to modify things to better suit my needs.
Bjrogg

Offline Swamp Thang

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 04:31:15 pm »
Anyone ever try mink oil after they tanned the hide keeps it very pliable after it gets wet and dries.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 08:15:33 pm »
I would think that would work on tanned hides Swamp Thang, I'm not sure but we used it on our work boots and bear grease to make them water resistant. These hides are just raw cleaned really good, I actually used gojo hand cleaner the clean as much grease off as I could. It also has lanolin in it which puts a little oil back in. This one is just a prototype but it's holding up real good so far.
Bjrogg