Author Topic: Bow rack  (Read 5555 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Bow rack
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 10:53:13 am »
Nice rack DC.Did you make that schooner too?Here's my rack.

I moniter the humidity too.Dehumidifier below rack.Those are winter time readings though.In the summer the temp is lower but humidity is abut the same.

BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 11:42:25 am »
That's my retirement, Urufu.   ;D

lol

Offline DC

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2016, 11:46:04 am »
Yup, I made the schooner. Started with a couple of 2x6 cedar boards and started cutting planks. It's R/C so it has sailed a couple of times. It's a scale model of the "Cicely" a 1903 Fife design.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2016, 11:59:36 am »
Some of mine hang on pegs and some are on horizontal racks where I have the wall space. Both work for me.

Offline sleek

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2016, 01:15:36 pm »
Yup, I made the schooner. Started with a couple of 2x6 cedar boards and started cutting planks. It's R/C so it has sailed a couple of times. It's a scale model of the "Cicely" a 1903 Fife design.

Oh man I love that! I have made a few out of popsicle sticks about half that size. I let one go in the ocean out in florida, and another go on my way home from deploymsnt a few hundred miles befroe we passed cuba. Its neat to think they are still out there somewhere with their sailsset, cruising.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2016, 08:19:12 pm »
That's pretty neat DC.I like it.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2016, 10:17:13 am »
I got to ride on a similar ship once. I was doing some reenacting with a pirate group about ten years back and Jacksonville was having their first tall ship festival and our group got tapped to participate. Well one of the ships coming in was the Pride of Baltimore II, oh man what a ship she was! Google it right now, it was the best, most authentic ship at the whole festival, anyway we actually got to ride her into downtown. We boarded in Mayport and about halfway up the St Johns the wind changed and they shut off the engine and raised sail and it was one of the best moments of my life when that ship leaned over and set sail!