Author Topic: Trade bow from knoll  (Read 4410 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Trade bow from knoll
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 11:58:30 pm »
Honestly, Bob, it was bit intimidating to know you'd be comparing this bow to that rocket-launcher of a bow ya got from Pat (lebhuntfish) last year. Thanks for kind words and am glad to know it works for you.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 09:25:19 am by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 06:12:06 am »
Hey knoll I am glad you was intimidated by Pats bow. It made you dig deep and create this beauty for me. And for high 40,s it spits an arrow  down range pretty darn good. and it is a joy to shoot. Thank  again knoll. By the way what is the little piece of wood tapered on both ends between the osage core and the boo in the grip area. Is that osage also.? Is that to keep the handle section stiffer?

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2016, 06:54:23 am »
That's a beaut Mike.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Will B

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 07:31:01 am »
Great job on that beauty Knoll.  Good luck with it this fall Bob. 

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 09:24:06 am »
what is the little piece of wood tapered on both ends between the osage core and the boo in the grip area? Is that to keep the handle section stiffer?

Yep, to prevent handle area from bending. Term for that pc is "power lam", though it adds no power.   :-\    ::)     ???
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 09:28:48 am »
Congrats Bob. That's a sweet stick!
Freedom dies one compromise at a time. III%

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2016, 09:53:02 am »
That's a looker!  Nice work for sure.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2016, 03:54:16 pm »
Congrats Bob! I saw that one before he sent it off. It's was pretty sweet. Nice job Mike.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2016, 04:02:06 pm »
Thanks guys for all the fine comments.  Mike deserves them all. I really like shooting this one .

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2016, 08:26:49 pm »
Man Bob,  that's two years in a row you have won the lottery! The funny thing is both bows came from Missouri!

I got to get a good look at that one at mojam.  It sure is a sweet bow.  It's actually inspired me to start my own BBO! Nice job for sure on that one Knoll.  I know we give you a hard time but you out did yourself on this one!  :laugh:

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2016, 08:43:44 pm »
Great bow Mike!

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2016, 08:46:01 pm »
Well that tells me you Missouri boys must know what your doing. Hardest part for me will be what one to grab when I go hunting. LOL. you guys both out did yourselves with the two bows I have. The two years prior to that I got really nice bows also.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2016, 08:47:16 pm »
Thanks, again, guys.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2016, 08:52:10 pm »
Both Mike and Patrick are great and incredibly talented guys.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2016, 09:11:04 pm »
Thank you.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!