Author Topic: My new buddy  (Read 1843 times)

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
My new buddy
« on: July 17, 2016, 09:54:53 pm »
Meet my new family pet and hopefully she's as good at protecting the kids. A friend of my wife has a German Shepard and one day a pitt bull came charging at her kids and their Shepard tackled the dog and successfully protected them from being mauled by the dog. Her husband had to shoot the it because it wouldn't give up and go away.  They were installing a new privacy fence so that's way the Pitt was able to get to the kiddos. The Shepard was ok just some minor injuries. After I heard about that it rekindled my desire to have a German Shepard. So I looked around and found this girl. Full blood GSD. (Not registered). With all the stray dogs and Pitts running around She'll be a great addition to the family and maybe a stump shooting companion!  Her name is Ricca (German for powerful protected)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:00:37 pm by TimothyR »
Freedom dies one compromise at a time. III%

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

Re: My new buddy
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 10:00:55 pm »
I like that pup she will serve you and your family well

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 10:34:33 pm »
Good looking pup and excellent breed choice for a family guard dog/pet. The ones I've known and been very loyal to and protective of their pack members/adopted family.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 10:48:00 pm »
That's a good looking pup.  She's needs to grow into those ears.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline chamookman

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 03:17:38 am »
Great looking Pup ! A Good Friend of Mine has a Mother/Daughter pair of Shepards. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 04:25:05 am »
that's a funny lookin' cat! ::) ;) :laugh:
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline neuse

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 06:22:22 am »
Good looking pup.

I haven't had a puppy in a few years, but I still remeber how destructive they can be chewing on everything.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 07:06:44 am »
They can be the best and they can be the worst. Two things I can't overemphasize is strict training and rules and socialization. The first 6 months we had her we thought we knew how to train a dog. Best thing I did was started going to classes with a really good trainer that would spend more time correcting you than the dog. They are very Headstrong and unless you're a very knowledgeable trainer I highly recommend going through classes. I will say one thing though I couldn't a got a better dog with little kids

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 08:28:53 am »
Thanks y'all. She's still with her mother untill the 20th. Can't wait to get her.  Paulsemp: I was thinking I needed to probably go to a good trainer. My wife is pretty good at training animals. But I'm the worst.
Freedom dies one compromise at a time. III%

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 08:35:05 am »
Pauly's dog is a super sweetheart and as well behaved as a dog can be. She is totally under Paul's control 24-7. Its fun to watch.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 08:40:01 am »
I'd better not show these pics to my wife. We've been looking for another puppy lately.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 09:16:18 am »
Consistent commands are key. Remember she is cute but treat her like a dog.... One day she be as strong and faster than you.

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2016, 09:27:01 am »
That's awesome Tim. We have a 6 month old female Shepard. She's wonderful, and already showing signs of being a good protector. My 9 year old chocolate lab is not a big fan of her though, a little too much energy for him.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Stoker

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2016, 10:33:54 am »
Nice looking pup..
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 12:42:20 pm »
Sure wish sometimes that I wasn't allergic...