Author Topic: Tiny camper gathering  (Read 10881 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Tiny camper gathering
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2016, 10:28:30 am »
"rustier" . . . .  :D
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2016, 01:04:46 pm »
I feel myself being bitten by this bug again!  Dang it all!  I had just about convinced myself to be content with a lesser quality, higher priced, store bought ready made travel trailer...  <sigh>

OneBow

Offline sleek

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2016, 02:48:11 pm »
Onebow, i have always wanted to incorporate a camper and a boat in one unit. We should combine our brain power and build one.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2016, 03:41:58 pm »
Onebow, i have always wanted to incorporate a camper and a boat in one unit. We should combine our brain power and build one.

Funny you should say that, ...

...because my idea has long been to make an ultra-lite tear drop type camper using Skin-On-Frame methods.  I don't really want a camper that is a boat at the same time per se, (scary idea! :o), but rather just to use the building methods that work well and are proven in making small boats to build a Travel Trailer/Tear-drop camper.  You know like, heat shrink dacron fabric for the walls, rigid but light weight interlocking frames, roving strands of Kevlar fiber to reinforce the frame, etc.

OneBow

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2016, 03:58:45 pm »

...because my idea has long been to make an ultra-lite tear drop type camper using Skin-On-Frame methods.  I don't really want a camper that is a boat at the same time per se, (scary idea! :o), but rather just to use the building methods that work well and are proven in making small boats to build a Travel Trailer/Tear-drop camper.  You know like, heat shrink dacron fabric for the walls, rigid but light weight interlocking frames, roving strands of Kevlar fiber to reinforce the frame, etc.

OneBow

Go for it!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline sleek

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2016, 04:10:49 pm »
I like this idea! An ultralite camper....

I dont want one that is a boat either. I had in mind one that is a shell and a boat slides into, becoming the floor and fixtures. However when pulled out of the camper ( like docking ) there is still a deck on the trailer bottom you can easily sleep on and fold down counter space on the walls that fold down as the boat gets pulled out. Im thinking 14 foot long at most and flat bottom. Simple and effective.

Offline sleek

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2016, 04:21:34 pm »

Offline sleek

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2016, 04:24:32 pm »
Basically a light weight box trailer that is configured to allow sleeping and sitting in the boat with the engine outside to avoid odors, and sealed off with a folding back window. With the boat out it reconfigutes to take advatage of the increased room. All with fold down wall stored tables counters and decking.

Offline J05H

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2016, 04:30:59 pm »
Kevin my friend, you have quite the imagination! :)
If you never have time to do it right, you'll always have time to do it over.

Offline sleek

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2016, 04:40:45 pm »
You like that? I can design and build a boat specifically to fit this application.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2016, 04:51:53 pm »
I think the boat would be better on the roof.  There were some old campers with that design.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline TRACY

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2016, 07:04:56 pm »
Glad it turned out good for you. Cool campers there, especially that last one with antler door handle.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2016, 07:11:32 am »
Very cool Clint, thanks for sharing. I have always been a tent guy but after looking at some of them you got me to thinking. I have a 12 foot enclosed trailer that would convert nicely. :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2016, 07:17:33 am »

OneBow

There is a company that makes campers like that and they also sell the plans for it. I'll see if I can find the link when I get home from work.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2016, 07:27:02 am »
Very cool Clint, thanks for sharing. I have always been a tent guy but after looking at some of them you got me to thinking. I have a 12 foot enclosed trailer that would convert nicely. :-\
 Pappy

Pappy, those enclosed trailers make great campers.  There are lots of pictures of them online.  You could make it look like a log cabin inside.  That trailer in front of the green and white Nash camper was turned into a very cool camper.  I had originally wanted to use an enclosed trailer on my project but they cost over $2000 for a used one in my area. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left