Author Topic: Ever feel the itch for a new tattoo?  (Read 5546 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Ever feel the itch for a new tattoo?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2016, 03:29:06 pm »
I got a buddy that is a pro tattoo artist.  He's been featured in several trade magazine articles, so he's a bit above par when it comes to skill levels.  Every time he sees my flawless milky white skin, he cries a little.  Poor guy, all I ever do is tease him.

At work we tell guys without tattoos that they still have their baby skin  ;D

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Knotty

• Don't regret your past, learn from it.
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2016, 04:50:06 pm »
Doesn't the arrow look disproportional  if you measure the fletchings ?

Anyway, not a fan of tattoos , I prefer to not modify my body in any way.. That's just me.
~Isaia

Offline Lumberman

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2016, 05:11:15 pm »
The arrow looks pretty sick and I like the placement. I've still not ventured into any tattoos that are visible apart from being shirtless but I really like that one. I have been mulling over a bow and arrow set on my right shoulder for about 3 years and am glad I waited now that I am getting into selfbows.. I might have had fiberglass tattooed on!! I have found a little to my surprise that I really don't regret any I have gotten as they really do chronicle where you were at and the mindset you were in at that particular stage in life. I definitely second the being hasty part though.. Emotions and inspiration even come and go like the waves; my wife has zero interest in getting one ever. Everyones got their own tastes that's for sure.

Offline DuBois

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2016, 06:52:00 pm »
Just this past January I did. See what happens when you let the kids boss you around.
I guess the tough guy image is blown  :P

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 09:25:38 pm »
Most people either love or hate tattoos. I love em, some of criticisms from people who have never got one are hilarious.
I like osage

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2016, 11:49:54 pm »
I have lots of tattoos. The more you get the less significant a single tattoo one is.  I love a well done tattoo, that arrow looks cool. I only have one archery related piece, but I'd love more.

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2016, 12:09:26 am »
DuBois that is awesome I love those kind of tats... gonna get the kids to do something like that. cheers- Brendan

Offline DuBois

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2016, 09:34:38 am »
Tracker, congrats on your new work.

JW, I agree. I have several and all but 2 are now "repaired" covered from when I was young and they were "cheap" One is what you just saw and the other is a bulldog that was supposed to be a bison. Go figure?

Brendan and WizG, Yeah this one has the most meaning since they each drew their parts and letters and Aidan has an arrow dotting his I  8)

Have to wait and see what the teenage version will say

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2016, 10:17:26 am »
love the ink ya got. i've got quit a few archery tattoo's and other primitive type art work all over myself. right arm sleeve , left fore arm sleeve, big back pieces, both legs. yes i have a couple that look like crap, but just young and dumb at the time. and i guess now just older and dumber cuz i got another appointment for this thursday for more ink. at least 40 times in the chair over the past 20 years.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2016, 10:28:42 am »
That is the coolest tattoo Dubois! My sons turning 3 this month and I've already told him he gets my left calf. I was thinking birthday and something meaningful but letting him draw it will be way more fun! Except it'll be a train or paw patrol probably... I'm glad someone else mentioned the fletchings, they do look a little long, but it's not perfect and neither am I or my own arrows so that makes it perfect. I'm hoping when I grow up I still love my tattoos, a cover up on my shoulder would just be a giant black hole haha
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2016, 10:52:29 am »
Hey, if anyone gives you crap about the long fletchings just tell them it's a Manchu arrow, lol.

Offline Knotty

• Don't regret your past, learn from it.
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2016, 10:56:28 am »
Got me laughing there Urufu , good one! Lol
~Isaia

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2016, 11:24:34 am »
I have a band of circle hooks, on one leg, and Tenkara in Japanese on the other. I kinda like fishing.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2016, 07:29:52 pm »
What's now? Tattoo, diapers,tattoo,diapers,tattoo,diapers,,,, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :'(
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bubby

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2016, 07:54:15 pm »
Never got any tats, i always heard chicks dig scars so ive been colecting them for years😜
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹