Author Topic: Autopilot Cars  (Read 9850 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Autopilot Cars
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2016, 09:43:50 am »
Here's another viewpoint.All kinds of class action law suits along the road to progress and efficiency here and you know who comes out the winner in the end......the lawyers!!!!!!I guess that's called growing pains,but some will experience the pain while others will benefit from the adjustments.

BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2016, 09:25:21 am »
The upside of auto pilot cars is that some of the inconsiderate driving being done out there might be eliminated somewhat.No turn signals being on before turning etc.
BowEd
Ed

JacksonCash

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2016, 09:57:00 am »
I borrowed a newer car when my car was in the shop recently, and the loaner had lane assist and adaptive cruise. The lane assist would actually steer against you if you were trying to change lanes without a signal, but if you had your signal on it was fine. It made me realize how often I switch lanes without signaling...

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2016, 10:08:55 am »
I see.That was weird I bet.
Wonder if auto pilot will know you can turn right on a red light at a stop light?To keep traffic moving along....ha ha ha ha.
BowEd
Ed

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2016, 10:42:57 am »
Beadman, it does, like I said before, I think a lot of the reservations about self driving cars comes from a lack of understanding just how absolutely sophisticated the AI software Google has created really is. If you're curios look up some articles and try and find one that gets really indepth, the cookie cutter fluff articles aren't really going to cover whats really going on, what Google and others are creating is really amazing.

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2016, 11:49:47 am »
With the way flatlanders drive around these mountains an autopilot car might be a welcomed sight.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2016, 03:37:45 pm »
Urufu......I'm sure you got all the faith in the world in auto pilot.I think this stuff is still quite a ways down the road to being 100% converted here and won't be there in my lifetime but I'm sure it'll be entertaining for those who are.
Pat B.....Yea about as dangerous as those who freak out and can't drive on real snow or ice.Auto pilot will tell them to stay home.....ha ha ha.
BowEd
Ed

Offline Mounter

« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2016, 05:09:31 pm »
If these things know how to avoid deer, I might be on board for my wifes car... 5 deer in the last 6 years.

Offline cantshoot

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2016, 02:56:43 pm »
If these things know how to avoid deer, I might be on board for my wifes car... 5 deer in the last 6 years.

And those deer are already self driving!

Offline sleek

« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2016, 05:43:08 pm »
Wow. Come season im just gonna follow her around. Her success rate is better than mine!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others