Author Topic: weaponized toys  (Read 11800 times)

Offline sleek

weaponized toys
« on: June 26, 2016, 07:40:32 am »
Who else thinks of stuff like this? For example, hot sauce in water guns for a mace, or pellets fired from a cap gun. Tennis balls soaked in gas fired from a potato cannon, arrow shafts packed with black powder and bbs and a primer on the tip. ( ok arrows are already weapons but still had to mention it. ) What other ideas have you folks ever thought of?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Re: weaponized toys
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 08:23:59 am »
When I was much younger and more adventurous I would fill a beach ball with a mixture of acetylene and oxygen, at the proper mix of course, tape a fuse to the inlet and light it.  Quite the visual effects when set off just before dark.  The bigger the ball the more bang for your bucks.  Not a weapon but loads of fun, the cows would run for the hills.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 01:21:09 pm »
Oh lord, now you are on someone's watch list!

I would not have posted on this, but I know I am already on at least three.  >:D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 02:19:59 pm »
A handful of sharpened jacks makes life miserable for anyone that might be following you will ill intent, be it by foot or by car. 

I saw a youtube video where someone took these spinning ball/ top type toys and replaced the plastic blades with real razors. They easily shredded right through soda cans in the video.

I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 02:54:36 pm »
A handful of sharpened jacks makes life miserable for anyone that might be following you will ill intent, be it by foot or by car. 

I saw a youtube video where someone took these spinning ball/ top type toys and replaced the plastic blades with real razors. They easily shredded right through soda cans in the video.

Screw that, unmodified Legos can cripple!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 05:07:53 pm »
When I was much younger and more adventurous I would fill a beach ball with a mixture of acetylene and oxygen, at the proper mix of course, tape a fuse to the inlet and light it.  Quite the visual effects when set off just before dark.  The bigger the ball the more bang for your bucks.  Not a weapon but loads of fun, the cows would run for the hills.

Marc, we would buy Helium balloons from the store and then fill another balloon with Oxy/Acyt and tie them together. But, we taped a long piece of waterproof cannon fuse to the O/A balloon. Now that woke up everybody in town when it went off a few hundred feet in the air late at night.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 08:14:19 pm »
We use to cut the end out of a 410 shell push a aluminum arrow in the shell load it up in the ole 410 single shot and shoot them out. That was a lot of fun

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 08:17:42 pm »
Did you leave the shot in or dump it?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 08:53:29 pm »
Did you leave the shot in or dump it?

Dump the shot out. Sorry forgot to mention that. Leave the fletchings on.

Offline sleek

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 12:04:36 am »
Oh lord, now you are on someone's watch list!

I would not have posted on this, but I know I am already on at least three.  >:D

Im a veteran.  We are all on a watch list.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 08:03:20 am »
That would have woken up someone Eddie

My niece's inflatable bunny that stood 3 feet tall made an impressive sound with a good visual display as well

I like that .410 idea
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 09:51:30 am »
I know from personal experience that Jack Daniels in a super soaker is a bad idea. First, While getting a shot from a friend, if they get it in your eyes it burns, and second, when it gets hot the whiskey expands and makes the pressurized tank go boom. And then you've wasted your whiskey.  :(
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 12:30:09 pm »

I like the .410 idea ;D
I rung a 12 ga. one day when we kids and got back
to the cabin after hunting in the wet snow.
Tony was taking his boots off his frozen feet sitting on the fireplace
hearth about 30 feet away.
 I drew down on  him and said, "Here's for sticking the knife in my foot".
(Mumbly Peg) the night before. I aimed into the fire place and squeezed the trigger. Everyone freaked and Tony went rolling around the floor screaming
in pain. I thought I must have left some pellets in the shell and they ricocheted ?
It was the wad that hit him in his frozen foot. >:D
We stayed friends. Good thing, he could kick my butt.
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 02:40:59 pm »
Zuma that is too funny. Was he mad at all? Glad you all stayed friends!

Offline Josh B

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 02:52:09 pm »
First off, probably not the best idea to share these ideas on an open forum that will be viewed by teenagers with more cajones than common sense.  But since the ideas have already been planted, I'll share a couple safety advisories on a couple that I read so far.  On the charged arrow than sleek mentioned, our method was to dump the shot out of a shotshell, slide the shell onto the end of the arrow and tape in place.  We then rigged it to make sure the primer fired upon impact (withholding the details) they worked great lobbing them down the street in an indirect fire manner.  The problem came with direct fire( straight into a cinder block wall)  the arrow was blown back at us and imbedded in the siding of the house less than a foot from my head.  NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!
Next is the .410 /arrow bit.  When I was growing up this was a pretty common trick used on the last day of archery season when the freezer was still empty.  Not that i would do/did such things.  It is absolutely imperative that the arrow be in contact with the wad before firing!  If there was a gap between the arrow and wad, when the wad struck the arrow it creates an instantaneous overpressure.  One of my mechanics is still sporting the scars from an exploding breech when he failed to note that the short arrow with broadhead was six inches shorter than the barrel.  Nearly killed him.   Again...NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!   Josh